boardman road comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lidad66

stolen from my house in burglary sunday morning 31 st august
standard small boarman black frame with Shimano PD M520 SPD Clipless MTB Pedals Blk and the plastic foot on the other side of pedal. Ventura 11 Function Wireless Cycle Computer red flashing peak light on seat post and peak blaster pump on tube
black mavic wheels . castleford area west yorkshire not far from leeds and wakefield .. would love to get it back as only had it 2 weeks on cycle to work scheme..
thanks for any help anyone can give .. wont happen again am going to chain my next bike down evan in my own house ..

lidad66

That's a sorry first post! :smile:
That feeling on discovering that something has been stolen is awful.
The bastards deserve having their fingers slowly removed! :biggrin:
Hope you're insured and that your employer is understanding.

yenrod

Yep its a stupid society we live in whereby someone sees you riding into your own place and they go in and get it.

norfolkgrog

I'm sorry to hear that some dic-hd has niked your bike, thats a real bummer, they should have their arms chopped off!!!
As you got your bike through the cycle to work scheme, I think that in the mechanics of the scheme you'll find you should be insured, HOPE!!!

grhm

Veteran
norfolkgrog said:
As you got your bike through the cycle to work scheme, I think that in the mechanics of the scheme you'll find you should be insured, HOPE!!!

Not necessarily. The scheme means that the company own the bike (until they transfer ownership to you at the end of the scheme - typically 12 months). However, there is no requirement for the company to insure the bike - indeed my companys terms state clearly that the employee is responsible for ensuring it is suitably insured.

I hope you are insured - its bad enough having your bike nicked - without the kick in the teeth that is having to keep up the payments on a bike you no longer own!;)

OP
OP
L

lidad66

thanks for the kind words

well i am insured on the house and contents for the bike so will get another bike.. but as u say a real bmmer to lose it.. it is not insured through work for loss it states in my contract im responsible for it and still have to pay out for it for the next 12 months.. legal and general have put wheelies in charge of replacing it anyone used them before i suppose they will offer something of similar value , so will have to see if it same quality .
really like the boardman myself evan thought i had only done about 50 miles on it . going to geta big bracket made to bolt to my outside wall where the bike will be in my extension and chain it to that when i get it.
insurers have been pretty quick had a call from wheelies to say they would call me back later today aout a replacement.. i wonder if they retrieve it( highly unlikely i know) i could buy it back from legal and gen. anyone know
lidad66

OP
OP
L

lidad66

new bike

the insurance company have said they will cought up the full ammount which is good and have appointed wheelies direct to settle my claim only problem with them is they are a bit dear and dont stock all bikes. they dont do the boardman range as its exclusive to halfords anyone give me a heads up whats good on their site they do giant and cannondale kona raleigh saracen scott claud butler ridgeback genesis and specialized
thanks for nany help i sure need it...

lidad66

OP
OP
L

lidad66

thanks for that

thank you very much for your help..
lidad66:biggrin:

Ask your insurance company to replace it like for like, you should not be forced to take an inferior product because of the restrictions set by the insurer, if they are paying the full amount out then they can either obtain a direct replacement from Halfrauds on your behalf or give you the money to do so yourself.

Top Bottom