Boardman Team Full Suspension MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seem like good bikes with a great spec for the money. Personally I would expect to find a full susser of that price to be fairly heavy.
Unless you really need a full sus, I would be inclined to go for the hard tail pro at the same price.

Debian

Bike weight isn't necessarily everything.

The bike can be as light as it likes but if the rider is a bit overweight (like me) and carries all sorts of extraneous and non essential stuff in a rucksack (like me) then the weight of the bike (within reason) becomes unimportant.

If, OTOH you are a string bean and carry nothing and are a speed freak then weight is important.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Harrier - ignore the nay sayers. the mags regularly review the boardman mtb range as being best value-for-money. what mountain bike raves about them every time they get one in.

it was a toss up between the team fs and the ht pro for me and the ht pro won as it suits my style of riding better.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
orange bikes are great and designed for UK conditions. that Crush RTW has imo a slightly inferior spec to the Boardman HT Pro and Leisure Lakes seem to have changed the fork from the standard Crush's to hit that price point. Bet it is still a ruddy good bike for the money though.

Does avoid the 'stigma' of buying from Halfords which will be a problem for some.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Go for the Orange, both bikes will be very good, but if you get into mountain biking in a big way then turning up at a trail centre with an Orange is definately alot cooler than a Halfords special own brand. I would also expect the frame geometry on the Orange to be better, but I don't know this for certain.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
GilesM said:
Go for the Orange, both bikes will be very good, but if you get into mountain biking in a big way then turning up at a trail centre with an Orange is definately alot cooler than a Halfords special own brand. I would also expect the frame geometry on the Orange to be better, but I don't know this for certain.

:laugh::angry::angry:

GilesM

Legendary Member
GregCollins said:
FTFY

The most fashion conscious are often the least able, ime, ymmv.:laugh:

Perhaps, but remember Rachel Atherton's anti skin suit views and how the UCI agreed with her.:smile:

PS. what does ime and ymmv mean?

Top Bottom