Boardman Team Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moose

This morning from my roof-mounted bike rack at Dibden (Hampshire) Tesco. Thought I'd locked the bike rack, but no sign of forcing so I must have forgot :ohmy:

Only gone for 15 minutes, but I guess it didn't take that long :wacko:

Nothing really to distinguish it from other 2009 models, but if I saw it again, I'd know it was mine.

Can I claim off my car or home insurance?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
that's bad luck.
Can you claim off your home or car insurance? You tell us. We have no idea of your insurance policy. Best phone them up and ask.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I wouldn't necessarily assume it wasn't locked, especially if an insurance claim is involved :biggrin:
Report it to the police, get a crime number and check out your policies.
And I hope you get it back, although I wouldn't hold out too much hope :thumbsup:

The chav who nicked it tried to sell it to me a couple of hours ago, I've reported it to the police. If you give me a number I'll give you a call and explain if you want.

Norm

Sorry to read that, Moose.

Moose said:
Can I claim off my car or home insurance?
Unlikely to get a claim off the car insurance, most have a limited value of "contents" which they will cover.

Very unlikely to get a claim off the home insurance unless you have already separately specified it. I lost one less than a week after we bought it, though, and I managed to get a payout from my home policy, even though we hadn't put it on there.

What flavour was it? Boardman do a "Team" spec road, hard tail, FS and hybrid. Whichever it was, they're something close to a grand so I'd have thought about insurance before it disappeared. :biggrin:

Ooo, just read Dave's post. That might be a result!

OP
OP
M

Moose

Dave Davenport said:
The chav who nicked it tried to sell it to me a couple of hours ago, I've reported it to the police. If you give me a number I'll give you a call and explain if you want.

Thanks for taking the time to report it and also for the call, it's very much appreciated.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Moose said:
It;s looking like I might get my bike back ;)

you must give us as many of the details as you can

OP
OP
M

Moose

MacB said:
you must give us as many of the details as you can

I don't want to post too much just yet, but suffice to say I got a call from the police and went down to the station and saw my bike today.

The police were great and many thanks to Dave again:bravo::rofl:

Top Bottom