Bolle replacement lenses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
An apparently simple need, but one which my web searches are failing to satisfy: Where can I buy replacement lenses (yellow ones) for my Bolle Vigilante shades?

e-rider

crappy member
don't know - seem difficult to find

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Would be good, if the cheapest available shipping method wasn't twice the price of the item...

And the lens I want is "Lemon" (but not "Citrus" (uh?)), which they don't have.

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Thanks for that link - I've decided to get a couple of pairs of lenses sent from Bike Nashbar (a US supplier) to a relative in Florida, who will post them on to me.

I really like my Bolle shades (they have the only prescription insert that works for me) - I just wish they would leave their successful models unchanged, and make spare lenses available in the UK from sources other than high street opticians, with their silly prices.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I've got some Rudy Projects and although I can buy replacement lenses (non-prescription) throught the LBS, the prices are still silly.

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Hmmm... I tried Rudy Projects on once, and thought them rather smart. Unfortunately, they put the prescription insert too close to the eye, so that my lush lashes brush it every time I blink - most unsettling!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I had that with a couple of other brands before I chose the Rudys. It's very discomforting to have something so claustrophobic so close to your eyes/head.

Top Bottom