Bonj back on form

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
I have been very disappointed of late with the quality of Bonj's posts.

Fortunately he is back on form with this one in the Touring section which helpfully highlights the perils of travelling in Eastern Europe.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
;)

yenrod

Dannyg said:
I have been very disappointed of late with the quality of Bonj's posts.

Fortunately he is back on form with this one in the Touring section which helpfully highlights the perils of travelling in Eastern Europe.

Whats wrong with this:

'I personally wouldn't assume that roads in turkey will be tarmacked, a lot of them will probably be dirt tracks - it's a fairly primitive country.
Also you've got to be careful in those dodgy eastern european countries - the ukranian mafia have a lot of 'influence' and far reaching tendrils.
All the beggars in prague are owned by the ukranian mafia, for example.
Aswell as that, corruption is rife, so if you need the police for anything, don't expect them to do anything other than nick your bike, wallet, clothes and passport and spit you out the other end of the police station naked and without a bean.
Also remember that Turkey is a hot country, like far too hot to cycle. So you'll probably have to cycle at night, if at all (train might be a better option once it gets above about 25 deg C). I'm going there later on this year and probably going to be going for a run most days, but then we'll have a swimming pool so it won't be an issue.'

I, Dannyboy would be very aware going to Istanbul.

Danny - theirs a good deal on flights to Baghdad - BTW the training camps are really good out there and I hear its totolly safe, so no worries ! ;)

BTW DANNYG I'm reporting you for bullying - the lad has made a valid point in my eyes why the piss take ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
Danny - theirs a good deal on flights to Baghdad - BTW the training camps are really good out there and I hear its totolly safe, so no worries ! ;)
Please pass on details - it sounds like it is considerably safer than Prague.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Some of us had the honest decency to take the p*ss on the actual thread.;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Hows about we gently took the p*ss because Bonj makes Turkey sound like
a third world country or something out of the Arabian Night stories.
I only speak from my experience of visiting the coutry and the good people I have met there.

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
I actually hugely enjoy reading Bonj's posts - so was only ever so gently taking the p.

Top Bottom