Boozin'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Two to three and im on my way,four or five and im blitzed,has its advantages,doesnt cost a fortune for a night out:biggrin:

A Nutter

Gary Kenny - a cycling quizmaster
Wish it took me that long! I supped 8 pints between 11pm and 3am and felt sober! And I wasn't ill either!

OP
OP
MessenJah

MessenJah

Rider
col said:
Two to three and im on my way,four or five and im blitzed,has its advantages,doesnt cost a fortune for a night out:biggrin:

true, but the disadvantage is that if youre not careful, pissedness can sneak up on you. one minute you're fine and then bosh, you're suddenly feeling sick, wobbly and lethargic.

OP
OP
MessenJah

MessenJah

Rider
A Nutter said:
Wish it took me that long! I supped 8 pints between 11pm and 3am and felt sober! And I wasn't ill either!
I've drank 12 before and felt fine. No hangover. I've drank 5 and thrown up the next morning, with a terrible all-day hangover making me miss work the next day. All to do with variables.

col

Legendary Member
MessenJah said:
true, but the disadvantage is that if youre not careful, pissedness can sneak up on you. one minute you're fine and then bosh, you're suddenly feeling sick, wobbly and lethargic.

Only got to that stage once,like you said i didnt realise how much id had till it was too late,never happened again.I didnt like the feeling of blowing chunks down the toilet,and the room spinning,which made me feel sick.

OP
OP
MessenJah

MessenJah

Rider
col said:
Only got to that stage once,like you said i didnt realise how much id had till it was too late,never happened again.I didnt like the feeling of blowing chunks down the toilet,and the room spinning,which made me feel sick.
It only seems to happen to me when I'm in a new & unfamiliar situation, for example I went to London on my own for an alleycat, got down there and met people I don't know. No doubt it's partly because of the nervousness of being around people I don't know, in a place I've never been before. But also cos I had been cycling and my body was desperate for water and carbs. If I'm with someone I know, or somewhere I've been before, I am more relaxed and I drink much less quickly...

col

Legendary Member
MessenJah said:
It only seems to happen to me when I'm in a new & unfamiliar situation, for example I went to London on my own for an alleycat, got down there and met people I don't know. No doubt it's partly because of the nervousness of being around people I don't know, in a place I've never been before. But also cos I had been cycling and my body was desperate for water and carbs. If I'm with someone I know, or somewhere I've been before, I am more relaxed and I drink much less quickly...

I know what you mean after exercise,years ago we all used to go to the pub after a training session and the first two or three would go down in half an hour with thirst,unfortunatley i didnt know i couldnt take it back then,and it wasnt till a couple more that i started to feel it,but thinking it was ok i carried on,i must have had seven or eight that night,a lot for me i now know,but then ?my mates would go into double figures for their pints,i couldnt even if i wanted to,just felt too bloated like id had a massive dinner and was ready to burst,anyway that was the night i realised and never let it happen again.Well until i wanted to that is;)

yenrod

Drinking isnt a deal to me like when i'm out with the bro-in-law he is the fish and i'm; 'well, i'll just do a half...

A Nutter

Gary Kenny - a cycling quizmaster
Yeah all different factors... althought im sure i had a bad burger and chips last time i was ill the next day!

domtyler

Über Member
What are you drinking? I have found that drinking lower percentage beers and ales is very agreeable to me as a far larger quantity can be gulped down over a much larger time.

OP
OP
MessenJah

MessenJah

Rider
domtyler said:
What are you drinking? I have found that drinking lower percentage beers and ales is very agreeable to me as a far larger quantity can be gulped down over a much larger time.
Fursty Ferret, 4.4%

I was fairly tipsy off 3 and a half bottles (about 3 pints) and felt I could drink no more.

But that's partly to do with the fact that a) I'd been pedalling all day, ;) I had eaten over two hours before the first bottle, c) I started drinking near bedtime and d) I was quite thirsty so drank fairly quickly.

I consumed 10 bottles (5 pints) of 7.5% Dragon Stout and felt fairly sober afterwards. Different variables innit.

just jim

alecstilleyedye said:
having children reduces your alcohol tolerance by virtue of stopping you going out as often :biggrin:

I went out at the weekend and couldn't be bothered with full on armageddon due to the "more hungover you are the earlier they get up" situation.

Some nice proper beer though, no commotion lotion for me this time.

Top Bottom