Boris says he'll....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Maz said:
Riding back from work yesterday, there was a learner scooter rider in front of me in the cycle lane, making progress in the stationary traffic. Are they allowed in there?

No.

Maz

Guru
Cheers, Cab.

Tynan

Veteran
what about coaches?

and those community ambulances, sirens and lights not on?

genuine questions

jmaccyd

I have often wondered this as well. The HC referes to a Bus Lane, so what is the legal definition of a bus rather than a coach? Some of the signs have additional writing on them as well. Some include 'Local' written inside the bus pic on the sign. I assume that to completly restrict the lane to 'proper' buses rather than anything else. I have also seen bus lanes specifically marked with 'coach' as well.

Tynan

Veteran
I strongly suspect it's strictly black cabs, proper buses and bikes but I do see coaches and the odd community type vehicle, I think they're either doing because they think they'll get away with it or because they think they're allowed

want to be sure before I dispense justice

Rhythm Thief said:
... but not cyclists, obviously.;)

Aye, but a cyclist riding like a maniac is very much less of a risk to other people than a scooterer or biker. Naturally that doesn't mean cyclists should ride like maniacs just because they are less likely to seriously hurt someone.

A bus lane is currently an area of sanctuary from traffic that is going faster - introducing the two fastest city vehicles into a space that contains two of the slowest seems like a seriously ill thought out idea to me.

Tynan

Veteran
ditto, scooters attract the least experienced road users, motorbikes too to a lesser degree

"I'm a bus and so is my wife"

Tynan

Veteran
'The report concludes from the evidence that conditions for cyclists did not significantly deteriorate.'

that's ok then ...

Top Bottom