Boxing Day Morning

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

:angry: sat here at my computer, the lounge looks like it has been hit by a bomb, the kitchen looks even worse. My mouths like the bottom of a bird cage and theres a fuzzyness in my head. But what a wonderful day yesterday. my eldest son came up christmas eve and has stayed over. My youngest son and his girlfriend, were here. My grown up step children came round. We laughed and Joked together, gave each other presents ate and drank to much and had a wonderful time, but that what christmas is all about. Hope yours was as good. Now I must wash up so I can have breakfast.

snakehips

Glad to hear you had a great family day. We had the same , one that we will never forget , and for the right reasons .......
...... and I did the washing up at the end of it!

I4.jpg

surfgurl

Chop up the leftover roast potatos for fried for breakfast, bung in a bit of turkey, bacon, sausages, fry it all together with a fried egg on top. Voila, Boxing Day breakfast!

surfgurl said:
Chop up the leftover roast potatos for fried for breakfast, bung in a bit of turkey, bacon, sausages, fry it all together with a fried egg on top. Voila, Boxing Day breakfast!

If I ate all that lot for breakfast, I wouldn't need to eat again until the next morning! :angry:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

surfgurl said:

No left overs in this house, We ate the lot. I had to wash up this morning so I had a clean saucepan and dish for my porridge.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Nothing to eat so far today, still stuffed from yesterdays dinner. Tried to take my sons new stereo system back to Argos because the CD player refused to work, and the staff had broken the key in the lock so they couldn't get in..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good day here - some more merryment later at my folks.

Was out on the bike by 9.30 - just 21 miles - chest's a bit tight, and my legs were swilling with beer......so kept it spinning -quite a number of other cyclists out..... feel great now - so if you feel a bit groggy, get out for a short while !!!!

Just back now, kids eating leftover home made tomato soup and me Christmas Dinner soup - big pot of it - going to have to freeze some.

Tetedelacourse

Had better, had worse. Best bits were:

1. The 3 yrold running through at 6am shouting "Mummy, Daddy, he's been!"
2. The look on both the wee ones' faces when they discovered Santa had left a trampoline in the back garden. Worth 3 nights of building in the cold and rain!
3. Getting them off to bed, having been with both sets of inlaws throughout the day, and settling down to watch Easties with a cold beer.

The worst bits were the inlaws bickering and the kids bickering all afternoon due to tiredness. Poo. Plus xmas dinner wasn't what it could have been.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Sounds like we have had a good time, though some of the meal sugestions sound strange, wots christmas soup? As for frying the left overs for breakfast, are you trying to put me back in the cardiac ward? I did enough damage to my healthy eating yesterday. We ain't done much today though, theres an industrial estate not far from us and behind it is an area of scrub land criss crossed with paths. Me and the misses had a walk round there this afternoon, got some fresh air and walked of some of the food we ate yesterday, apart from that we have just veged out in front of the box, and thats something I aint used to.

Dave5N

Über Member
dave r said:
Sounds like we have had a good time, though some of the meal sugestions sound strange, wots christmas soup? As for frying the left overs for breakfast, are you trying to put me back in the cardiac ward? I did enough damage to my healthy eating yesterday. We ain't done much today though, theres an industrial estate not far from us and behind it is an area of scrub land criss crossed with paths. Me and the misses had a walk round there this afternoon, got some fresh air and walked of some of the food we ate yesterday, apart from that we have just veged out in front of the box, and thats something I aint used to.

SOunds great. Christmas is also for just having a bit of space and calm.

Top Bottom