Boycotting Chinese bike products

Cymro74

Despite there being reasonable evidence that coronavirus was manufactured by the Chinese communist party, it seems unlikely that the UK or any other country will impose sanctions due to the inflationary consequences. However I am now trying to reduce my purchases of Chinese goods. Does anybody have any advice on buying bike products which are not produced in China? For example, any rules of thumb to follow, or any websites with lists of bike brands to avoid.

si_c

Veteran
There is no evidence for that, stop spreading misinformation.

shep

Veteran
Despite there being reasonable evidence that coronavirus was manufactured by the Chinese communist party, it seems unlikely that the UK or any other country will impose sanctions due to the inflationary consequences. However I am now trying to reduce my purchases of Chinese goods. Does anybody have any advice on buying bike products which are not produced in China? For example, any rules of thumb to follow, or any websites with lists of bike brands to avoid.
This should be interesting..........

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
The Tin foil helmet thread is thataway >>>>>>>>

Out of interest ... what non-bike goods are you boycotting?

chris-suffolk

Or add "in my opinion " as that is also acceptable. ;)
Yes, but you can't say 'there is reasonable evidence' and also 'in my opinion' and the OP started with the former, so I'm (naively) assuming they have some factual evidence to back up their claim

Last edited:
Reactions: C R
Will I still be okay to have a Chinese take-away, as that's produced in his cooker just round the corner?

chris-suffolk

Out of interest ... what non-bike goods are you boycotting?
According to a web-site I was reading

" Approximately 97% of all shipping containers are manufactured in China"

If we take that at face value, as I've no other information to go on, then you are basically left with buying goods that are sourced locally, from locally produced components made from locally sourced raw materials, else it's pretty much certain that some part of what you're buying was shipped in a chinese made container at some point. So VERY GOOD LUCK with that!!

Top Bottom