brake! brake!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elvisparsley

Hello all
I want to replace my brake blocks on my Giant SCR but it has occured to me that I don't know what to look for if I'm buying them online. Sorry for being so stupid but where do y'all buy your blocks from when you need em, and what do I look for? Cheap-ish would be good too.
Thanks in advance

If an SCR is a road bike, it'll probably have calliper brakes. Any decent bike shop will carry a wide range of stock at all price levels. If they're a really good bike shop, they won't treat you like an idiot when you go in and ask them for advice. (I hasten to add, I don't wish to imply that you are an idiot - we've all got to start somewhere and it's a well known fact that many bike shops are staffed entirely by patronising w*nkers!) Coolstop are a pretty good brand, in my experience.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Assuming it's the same as mine, you'll need something like this;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=2955

They're often referred to as Dura type, I think.

I like Kool-Stops personally - pink compound on the front, mixed compound on the back (half black, half pink).

Incindetally, if you want a good LBS in Manchester, the Bike Boutique are great - they've put up with my stupid questions for ages, so someone not knowing what type of brake block they need won't faze them :smile:

Top Bottom