Brake broken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

levad

Veteran
My wife's bike has Tektro TB07 V brakes. The spring that keeps the pad away from the wheel on the right hand front brake arm has broken meaning that the brake pad is pulled from the other side and is permanently "on".

Is it possible to get a replacement spring? She wants to keep the TB07 (which I guess are now discontinued) as they allow clearance for mudguards.

Any help or advice appreciated!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I doubt it - but a new set of V brake callipers aren't expensive.... pop down to the local bike shop and pick up some similar ones......

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
No I was told - I've now had two springs go - each time the LBS replaced it with Deore ones that still cleared my mudguard fine. Though if you are desparate I might still have the spring from the other arm in a box somewhere (which arm was it?).

OP
OP
levad

levad

Veteran
Hi Summerdays, as you stand in front of the front wheel looking at the handlebars, it is the right hand arm.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'll look later - it was definitely the right arm that went at the back, will have to check which one went at the front (it gave way during a service so LBS did it, although I had already querried wondered if it was going the same way).

Top Bottom