Brands that just 'work' for you (I love Pearl Izumi)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
Don't you just love it when you find a brand that works for you - you know, like the ideal cut/tailoring for your body shape/size whilst also accommodating your aesthetical requirements.
My third Pearl Izumi jacket arrived this morning (just in time for my Shrewsbury to Brum jaunt at the weekend!) and I'm well chuffed again - I'm a bit porky and well built but their Large fits wonderfully well and the cut is flattering. More importantly, they all look very nice and can be worn off the bike. Got compliments on the new one at work when I got in this morning.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360030710&N=Pearl Izumi Infinity Jacket

Just thought I'd share!

Brock

Don't really have an affinity with any particular brand myself.. Well except maybe Marstons. Jacket looks nice, but what colours are 'fountain/martini' ffs? Is that what's pictured?

slow down

Assos for me - yes it is expensive and I baulked at the price until I got a good deal on an Airblock Jacket. Since then never considered anything else.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I seem to have sold my soul to Specialized. I own the helmet, the shoes and the gloves and am starting to work my way into the other stuff too. Not the bikes though...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I've only been at this a month, so I don't have strong preferences, other than for Foska jerseys - mine is easily the best piece of kit I own - superb fit and cut (for me at least) and I'll be saving the pennies for another one.

stephec

Legendary Member
I went into my local Aldi yesterday without any intention of buying, just to see how much stuff was left. They must have looked at the design of their cycle clothing a bit more this time as the fifteen quid jackets were a very snug well tailored fit. If it would have had more pockets on the back I may have been tempted into an impulse buy.

As it was I walked out with the last pair of bib tights, these seemed to fit better than last years as well.

Bigtallfatbloke

well the only brand that seems to have normal sizes are Nike...mos tother brands that say they have an xl or above option are infact lying because their idea of xl is in fact midget size.:biggrin:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Endura work well for me. sizing and fit are great and spot on everytime

SamNichols

I'm currently loving my Northwave shoes, and Endura are always a good opion - not expensive, but well made and well fitted.
From experience, although I like the styling, the fit on campagnolo clothing is atrocious.

trio25

Über Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
well the only brand that seems to have normal sizes are Nike...mos tother brands that say they have an xl or above option are infact lying because their idea of xl is in fact midget size.:biggrin:

I find Nike womens clothing on the small side, saying that the longs fit me perfectly, not too long, other makes I end up rolling up!

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
I'm at the point now when I'm stopping all the mail order tom foolery when it comes to essential clothing (like shorts/tights or anything else lycra or skin tight) as the sizing is just too much guess work and I can't be bothered with the hassle of returns.

Top Bottom