Bratislava or Budapest to Krakow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Anyone done anything like this please:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/jul/14/saturday.green

<LI class=byline>John O'Mahony <LI class=publication>The Guardian, <LI class=date>Saturday July 14 2007 <LI class=history>Article historyAbout this article

Close
This article appeared in the Guardian on Saturday July 14 2007 . It was last updated at 23:46 on July 13 2007.

Liptovska_GettyImages4.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I did an organised ride from Krakow to Budapest a few years back. It was a great experience especially the Slovakian bit. Cheap, reasonable campsites and cheap reasonable beer.
I read that article when it was first published and they make it sound more strenuous than I found it. There are a few biggish hills but generally rolling countryside. A few of the rural villages had a 'Deliverance' feel!
I'd highly recommend the area.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'll have a list of the places we stayed but the company we used have gone bust. I'll find the info and stick it on here.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The route we took went over the low as opposed to high Tatras which were easily within an average cyclist capability. Some of our group were cycling novices and they coped although I think we were only doing 35 miles a day.

Percy

Not through the Tatra but I've cycled in that area - through Budapest and into Slovakia onto Bratislava (then onto Vienna).

Top Bottom