Breakfast..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Most important meal of the day and all that, so what do you/your family have for it?

Me:
weekdays - tea, toast, 2/3 weetabix... so not very exciting. ;)
Weekends (more time) - similar, + egg (of some description), sometimes pain au choc on Sundays...

I'm particularly interested in what people give their children, since I'm responsible for getting them off to school - and one of our daughters won't eat cereal at all, and leaves half her toast (attached to the crust). Fruit goes down OK.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have mine before everyone else, as I set off earlier..
I always have porridge made with water (!!) and a bit of fruit, mebbe some toast too if I'm peckish. Washed down with coffee. Kids have cereal and toast and fruit.

domtyler

Über Member
Me muesli on weekdays, omelette on Saturday and Bacon and eggs on Sunday.

Child has a mixture of whatever is around but she's not even two yet so not quite up to regular stuff.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Home-made muesli with Jordans Crunch with fresh chopped fruit. Fresh grapefruit when I have time. Bacon, fried pots etc on Sunday.

Normally (before work) All Bran flakes and Weetabix with milk, or All Bran original and muesli with yoghurt, tea and coffee.

Occasionally I like to have a bacon sarnie (or two) with HP sauce.

At weekends (when not working), croissants, orange juice, coffee and a smallish cognac.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Either nothing. A cereal bar or a bowl of cereal. Th nutrigrain stuff that is people, trees, fish and star fish:biggrin:

monnet

Guru
Sunday to Friday inclusive - porridge with water (used to have it with milk changed for a couple of days to try and found it has a much cleaner taste), a drizzle of honey and a few sultanas.

Saturday - varies but usually one of toast and marmalade/ boiled eggs/ croissants.

Always washed it down with an espresso and a glass of orange juice.

Wolf04

Weekdays: Porridge made with water and a pinch of salt or muesli soaked in milk overnight. Glass of fruit juice or smoothie. No coffee till I get to work.
Weekend: Something like toasted cinnamon & raisin bagels, fruit juice and two buckets of coffee. Very rarely a fry up.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I love breakfast, it's my favourite meal.

Generally it's cereal in the morning during the week and then when I have time to make it at home, porridge with cinnamon, raisins and honey. Very partial to muesli as well. Earl Grey during the week, good coffee at weekends.

Fry up for treats.

domtyler

Über Member
Dayvo said:
Normally (before work) All Bran flakes and Weetabix with milk, or All Bran original and muesli with yoghurt, tea and coffee.

Occasionally I like to have a bacon sarnie (or two) with HP sauce.

At weekends (when not working), croissants, orange juice, coffee and a smallish cognac.

Brandy for breakfast? How very civilised! :smile:

Top Bottom