Brexit: I told you so.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I'm just going to take time out of all this and watch the slo-mo car crash of Brexit. Just hope it takes out Gove, Johnson & Farage.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Brexit: 71 pages of paperwork for 1 lorry of fish

An interesting insight into the time and financial costs for a small firm.
and it is even worse for smaller firms who are not sending whole lorries. If sending pallets on groupage, then even if all your paperwork is in order, your shipment is delayed if anyone else's pallet grouped with yours on the same lorry is incorrect or even challenged. Including if any of the recipients on the foreign side have not completed their declarations. Customs don't hold single pallets back. They hold entire trailers and most British freight companies are hastily relearning how to cope with this, on top of all the other changes. This month's shipping price increases will look tiny by the end of the year.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
and it is even worse for smaller firms who are not sending whole lorries. If sending pallets on groupage, then even if all your paperwork is in order, your shipment is delayed if anyone else's pallet grouped with yours on the same lorry is incorrect or even challenged. Including if any of the recipients on the foreign side have not completed their declarations. Customs don't hold single pallets back. They hold entire trailers and most British freight companies are hastily relearning how to cope with this, on top of all the other changes. This month's shipping price increases will look tiny by the end of the year.
Yebbut as BoJo famously said "Fark Business" :cursing:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Posted elsewhere, mor Winningness!
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ts-to-mainland-eu-at-a-standstill-post-brexit

Clearly we've all been caught on the hoof....
Not quite posted elsewhere.

Boris was banging on about live animal export welfare when he announced the deal.

My guess is the government is therefore less than heartbroken the trade has been stymied, even if only temporarily.

the snail

Guru
Not quite posted elsewhere.

Boris was banging on about live animal export welfare when he announced the deal.

My guess is the government is therefore less than heartbroken the trade has been stymied, even if only temporarily.
Obviously they will be conflicted - they want to demonstrate they are 'taking back control' by banning exports, but find themselves losing control as exports are stymied by the chaos.

Top Bottom