Brexit Party ....strangeness

lazybloke

Let's go sledding
I wonder if science could find the answer to stupidity?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I wouldn't worry about the Brexit Party. Their day in the sun finished with the EU elections, they will be pushed back into obscurity come the next general election. They gained from a protest vote in an election few care about or voted in and they have no policies except the one they formed to promote.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Anything with Ann Widdecombe should be posted after the watershed...

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
Science has already produced an answer to being gay. The answer is that it's fine, perfectly natural, occurs in loads of species, so be yourself, love who you love and carry on being fabulous.

Edit: A useful article to point to any time somebody brings up 'science' or 'nature' in a debate about homosexuality. Giraffes, as it turns out, are well gay. https://www.queerty.com/excerpt-giraffes-mostly-homosexual-20190323

Last edited:

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
The really horrible thing is that there are those on the (far?) right who try to whip up Islamophobia as a reason to leave the EU by using the example of a few fundamentalists and saying that Muslims are really homophobic. Like it'd be all love, tolerance and rainbows under that lot.

LinchPin

Veteran
The really horrible thing is that there are those on the (far?) right who try to whip up Islamophobia as a reason to leave the EU by using the example of a few fundamentalists and saying that Muslims are really homophobic. Like it'd be all love, tolerance and rainbows under that lot.
I'm not sure whether believing that Homosexuality is morally wrong is the same as being Homophobic though.
gsi2-chp3-6.png

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
I'm not sure whether believing that Homosexuality is morally wrong is the same as being Homophobic though.
View attachment 469153
This is what got Tim Farron into trouble, isn't it? I think it's possible to believe that something is morally wrong but not think that it should be prohibited or punished by the state.

The examples I was thinking of when I mentioned supposed Muslim homophobia were things like religious states where they have severe punishments for homosexuality, which includes countries on that list. But my point in this particular argument relates to elements of the far right using the fear of homophobia (real or imagined) as a means of stoking Islamophobia.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom