Brexit, what genuine effects have people experienced?

Adam4868

Guru
In our Sainsbury's unable to get Scottish salmon, large oranges and Higgedy pies
Try Salmon paste,tangerines and Gingsters as a alternative ?

Another supplier not supplying to add to my list.
Petdrugsoline used to supply me with medicines at a highly competitive rate.
I bought £400 of Telmisartan (Semintra) from them last year for much cheaper than I could source on the mainland.
Same date for the loss of a market, January 1st 2021.
Edit for clarity.
I only found this out today though I suspected before the last seconds crap agreement that it would be another brexit casualty.
The crazy thing about this is that the covid has caused a disruption in supply from Boerhinger. There is plenty of the stuff in blight and an absolute scarcity in Western Europe at the moment.

Last edited:

DRHysted

Veteran
We’ve run out of a raw material at work and had to shut one department down.
A bit of good news, this raw material is starting to make its way back in, so that section of plant is restarting. It was compounded by our backup supplier having an explosion on their plant and the supplies from our Asian supplier getting stuck in the Suez Canal!!
According to the UK MD a lot of the major chemical industries are having a lot of issues throughout the world due to COVID and Brexit, but he thinks (hopes) the Brexit problems are (mostly) in the rear view mirror.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Was thinking of ordering something from Manufactum but:

We regret to inform you that, due to Brexit, we are unable to accept orders from our UK customers.

I believe they are working on it but no joy yet.

Tongsheng

Tongsheng
As the title says, there's been Thousands of posts stating, and proving apparently, how bad this deal was/is but what have people actually experienced up to yet?

No links to reports or biased Newspaper articles but real negative, or positive, experiences have you people actually had.
Ha Ha just came across your thread. Did you notice how long it took for the racist card to be thrown about whenever Brexit is mentioned? Never fails does it?

OP
shep

shep

Veteran
It's not all doom and gloom though @Andy in Germany, I ordered a couple of records from a German record label's website last Sunday and they were delivered on Friday. Ordered another from the same place today and even though it's Easter I expect to get it by the end of next week.
Be careful mate, I've commented on stuff I've ordered from Europe that's arrived quickly and then been quoted as saying ' it must be ok then as Shep got his stuff ok'.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Be careful mate, I've commented on stuff I've ordered from Europe that's arrived quickly and then been quoted as saying ' it must be ok then as Shep got his stuff ok'.
They wouldn't dare , would they?

Edit to add I do remember you getting those comments.

Off topic, how is Wolverhampton these days, I went to college there many years ago? I occasionally think I should pop up there for a quick visit just to see the place again.

Last edited:
OP
shep

shep

Veteran
They wouldn't dare , would they?

Edit to add I do remember you getting those comments.

Off topic, how is Wolverhampton these days, I went to college there many years ago? I occasionally think I should pop up there for a quick visit just to see the place again.
Same old except for having a top flight football team😀.

Top Bottom