Brian Robinson Challenge Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

Langsett

Great news, the ride this year will use the famous Galpharm Stadium as the base, we have access to the Stadium health and Fitness centre by kind permision of Kirklees active leisure

We are supporting Combat Stress, http://www.combatstress.org.uk/, Yorkshire Air Ambulance, http://www.yorkshireairambulance.org.uk/ and of course the Dave Rayner Fund, http://www.daveraynerfund.com/ as principal beneficiaries

We will have a closed road start again, 2 top class feeder stations and i'm sure the usual sunny Yorkshire weather ( I can't say what happens over the borders!)

Brian will be there and will be pleased to sign copies of the recently released book and DVD about his achievements in the professional cycling ranks alongside the likes of Anquetil , Bobet and Coppi .

https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=472

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is a very good event, but this year it is a week early because of Easter so it clashes with Spring Into The Dales which I always like to support.

I recommend both events - if you are in this neck of the woods and don't ride one, ride the other! ;)

ColinJ

but if you're slooooooow is there anything ???????
(Oooh, the thread moved while I was posting - that was odd!)

Alun and I only averaged about 13 kph (8 mph) on last year's SITD. The official cut-off time is calculated at 12 kph (7.5 mph) which only matters in as much as you won't get a little card which says that you officially finished if you are too late back and the food might be gone!

There is a sister event on the same day - Leap Into The Aire. It is shorter - 53 km (33 miles) - and has a minimum speed of only 8 kph (5 mph) so it is aimed at people who aren't in a hurry, or who prefer a shorter event. Arch rode it last year and had a good time. I'm not sure if she is doing it again this year, but if she does, I bet she'd be happy to accompany you? (If she doesn't spot this discussion, why not PM her?)

Garz

Squat Member
It is a very good event, but this year it is a week early because of Easter so it clashes with Spring Into The Dales which I always like to support.

I recommend both events - if you are in this neck of the woods and don't ride one, ride the other! ;)

It is a good event which I too would like to do.. but also clashes with Wrynose or Bust event which I always like to support.

ColinJ

You could try this not that you HAVE to go slow...Suffolk Villages Charity Bike Ride
Probably a very nice event, but not exactly handy for Jacqui who is in Brighouse! ;)

Garz

Squat Member
I dont think you want colin down there jinxing your rides unless you guys carry around spare spokes or seat posts!

:rofl:

ColinJ

I dont think you want colin down there jinxing your rides unless you guys carry around spare spokes or seat posts!

:rofl:
And the rest - tubes, tyres, rim tapes, rims, front mechs, stems, gear hangers, cranks, shoes, gear cables, chains, hubs, saddles, brake blocks, cleats and mudguards!

(I think that is a definitive list of what bits have failed while out on my bike or on the bikes of people riding with me over the years.)

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
And the rest - tubes, tyres, rim tapes, rims, front mechs, stems, gear hangers, cranks, shoes, gear cables, chains, hubs, saddles, brake blocks, cleats and mudguards!

(I think that is a definitive list of what bits have failed while out on my bike or on the bikes of people riding with me over the years.)

Does my frame cracking before I even started count?

Once again the chance to ride the roads used by Briton's first Tour stage winner in this fantastic cycle event.

Thanks - I've signed up. And will be practising going up Holme Moss beforehand!

ColinJ

Does my frame cracking before I even started count?
... frames (:thumbsup:), forks, racks, 'brifters', bottom brackets, quick releases, front lights, rear lights and my GPS was unreliable for a while (I think its software got its knickers in a twist!)

(Touch wood) I can't remember rear mechs, handlebars, brake cables or pedals failing yet, but just about everything else has!

Top Bottom