FNRttC Bristol to Barry Friday Night Ride - 5th May (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is not about the ride being open to registration for the forthcoming début of the absolutely stunning new Friday Night Ride to the Coast route for Bristol to Barry. It is however a pre-ride thread, to give advance warning for anyone planning from travelling from distant parts (such as London) to get to the start in Bristol, that cheap advance tickets are now available to Bristol, from £15 from Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads.

And if you book on the Hull Trains website, if you reserve a seat, then you can also book your bike reservation at the same time. This is one of the few train companies whose website lets you do this at the same time. Most make you ring up afterwards for a bike reservation, which is a bit hopeless. Please note that for anyone travelling from Paddington, as this is a Great Western service, you WILL need a reservation unless you have a folding bike.

EDIT
Cheap Barry to London Paddington tickets on Saturday 6th May have now also been released for £18:50.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hopefully there will be cheap tickets from Barry to Portsmouth stations...currently ££££!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
This is a lovely ride, and includes a very special bridge.
Are you referring to the Severn Bridge, or the Clifton Suspension Bridge? I don't know if the route has been planned yet, but if the starting point is Temple Meads it would be quite easy, and highly spectacular, to begin with a crossing of the Clifton bridge.

It could be argued that the most special bridge on this route is the Newport Transporter Bridge, but sadly that will be closed when the ride is passing.

I've never considered joining one of these rides, but this one is on my patch (almost) and I begin to see the attraction. The website is very informative.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It's the Clifton...though I imagine the Severn will be on the agenda, we're not going a long way round....

Last edited:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I am considering doing this ride in full touring mode.
Feel free - one Salvatore, NOTP, turned up for the Brussels-Ostend ride on a fully-loaded touring bike after a month touring Europe, and after Ostend simply turned north and kept going to NordKapp before turning southwards and riding back to Hampshire.

(He was polite enough to slow down for us.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom