FNRttC Bristol to Barry Friday Night Ride - 5th May (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archeress

Veteran
I am still hoping to do this one, but have had a thought about one of my antidepressant meds. I have to take it at night time and it makes me sleepy. I have mentioned it to my care team and they are trying to work out a way forward for me as they recognise that the ride will be good for me. Fingers crossed we can come up with a way around it as the thought of crossing the Clifton and Severn bridges at night is quite exciting.

Hugs
Archeress x

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Here's my half formed plan. Train to Bath with folding bike. Ride to Bristol. In the morning take a circuitous route from Barry to Cardiff to clock up an inaugural Bromp-Ton Train back to London.

Archeress

Veteran
Yup. Worth making an effort for. You might find after that experience you don't need your meds. And that if you do take them, you won't be the only one feeling drowsy: but it never seems to matter.

Remember, we won't abandon you.

I could only wish to be off meds, I am on the maximum dose of one and quite a high dose of the night time one, but they seem to be doing their job quite well and keeping bad thoughts at bay.

Hugs
Archeress x

Archeress

Veteran
Great news! Head medic called today and we formulated a plan. I'm going to take my night time pill at around 10am on Friday morning and then it'll be off back to bed while it makes me sleep (again). I may actually be the most refreshed on the ride! :eek:

Hugs
Archeress x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom