Broken wrist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

..yep, that's what the x ray just confirmed. It's not a serious fracture so I was lucky, but it's still in need of imobilization and a splint.

...I think I may do some one handed riding this month...good idea?:laugh:

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I think I may do some one handed riding this month...good idea?:biggrin:

Haven't heard it called that before! :laugh:

Don't hurry things; wrists can take time to fully heal.

Hopefully yours is a minor break!

http://arthritis.about.com/od/wrist/a/wristfractures.htm

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

it is a minor break I think as I managed to ride across france with it!...basically there seems to be a fracture in the 'ball' end of the bone that runs down the outside of my forearm and joinds the hand on the side of my little finger. luckily it's not the worst type of break the nurse said.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
it is a minor break I think as I managed to ride across france with it!...basically there seems to be a fracture in the 'ball' end of the bone that runs down the outside of my forearm and joinds the hand on the side of my little finger. luckily it's not the worst type of break the nurse said.

Were you to vigorous?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

yep it ill be fine...I can ride a bike no problem if somewhat painfully. The main concern I have is that I am a lead guitarist and broken left wrists do not a shredder help:biggrin:

I broke it in Meersburg when some numpty juvenile decided to impress his girlfriend by jumping out from a bus stop in front of me and shouting 'Boo!' at night...I swerved and went arse over tit on a gravel pathway.

Riding th ebike is easy enough, but lifting it is impossible with that hand.

No catasrophe, just irritating for a while.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah, I bust a bone in my hand a few years back - did a superman impression, wrote off a bike etc (WVM incident) Only in a cast for two weeks, still on the turbo, but it does set you back for quite some time. Casts are horrible, as they suck all the moisture out of your skin..... something alien emerges, even after two weeks.... orrible itchy, smelly things (yeh only two weeks).......

Top Bottom