Brooks Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went to a bike jumble at the weekend and picked up a nice brooks saddle, I'ts all cleaned up now. I managed to squeeze in 10 miles yesterday before breakfast and it felt great! Hoping to get out today and test a bit furthur :blush:

Yes agreed, I'm well pleased with my B17 that I bought with my new Brompton. I was expecting a bit of discomfort while the saddle 'broke in' but to my delight it has been comfortable from Day 1. Remember to use Brookes' Proofide to keep your saddle nice (but sparingly, and not too often) You've got yourself a bargain it would seem.

Chrisc

Guru
Nice find! I was just given a Brooks Flyer Special this morning by my lovely missus, copper rivets and all. Birthday pressy. :rolleyes: All proofided and fitted I just got back from a ten mile test before the rain and my God it's comfy! Why did I put up with that Selle Royale gel thing for so long....

Barbelier

Nice find!

I have put one on my tourer and very happy with it. Comfortable after only 100 miles or so.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
yep my brooks comfy now. however it did take me a very long time to break in (+1000 miles) i even lent it to someone who also found it uncomfortable. i put it on my brompton because the 2009 brommie saddle kept giving me saddle sores. to my amazement it was great after a few hundred miles. the moral of this story, never give up on a brooks, it WILL eventually get comfy

ACS

Legendary Member
Don't use a new brooks saddle on the first Audax of the year. Thought I had it broken in, I was wrong! To the roadie who told me that climbing out of the saddle on a hill was inefficient, I know, I was standing for another reason. ;)

Top Bottom