Bu**er it was wet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
and windy at the Get Cycling show:sad: It was too windy for me to ride my Penny for some of the time:sad:

But, the pedal power sofa race was good and Wobbly John took silver in the Pedal Powered Furniture World Champoship:biggrin: He was only beaten by a the fastest bog in the west:smile:

And I met The Doctor and I also saw Longers, but everytime I began walking over to say hello....he walked off!:biggrin:

Oh, met Night Train as well:smile:

And I seem to have known about half the people there, certainly most of the exhibitors and staff.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Damn it. I only met Longers and Arch, Mickle, Spandex
I was on the bikes near the gate, with all the strange bikes. I had the strange hat on.
Pedal sofa race was brilliant.
Got completely soaked whilst on the stand and packing the stuff away.
Road alot of different bike. The modern Penny Farthings were good fun. The recumbent i went on was good aswell.
Were you the person wearing the white coat near the information place doing bike repairs and stuff?

Joe24

Hilldodger said:
Nope, I was the chap riding around on either my full size Penny or the Tall Bike. But most of the time I was drinking tea or coffee

Ahhh, i saw the tallbike going around. I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow then.

bonj2

christ - i dunno what i'm missing do I ;)

plans for tomorrow then - ideas anybody? It's either blacka moor, or getcyclingshow. Blacka moor, getcyclingshow. Hmmm... blacka moor, or getcyclingshow?? :wacko: It's a toughie!

Night Train

Maker of Things
atbman said:
What's wrong with writing Butter in full?
It's full fat and doesn't spread very well on soft bread.

I will be there tomorrow, probably wearing a recoveryman's fluorescent coat to try and keep the rain off.

Joe24

Getcyclingshow Bonj. Its better.
There are some non strange bikes, Arch was on that bit yesterday.
Recumbents on that section aswell.
The strange bikes are much more fun though Bonj.
I suppose it is a good number of people met in one day. When will there be a big meet with every member there?

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
From the Nottingham Post

They are just some of the 400 weird and wonderful bikes that will be available to try at the Get Cycling Show at Nottingham Racecourse this weekend - the first of its kind in the country.

That's a bit bloody cheeky!

Keith Oates

Janner
Dayvo said:
Yes, Keith, high calibre! And you had to make do with me! :thumbsup:
How's things, BTW? Back in Vietnam, I see. :biggrin:

Dayvo, as you know meeting you for a couple of nights was something I enjoyed and will remember. Yes I'm back in Vietnam for another tour of duty, actually I've been here for over a year in total and am getting to understand and enjoy it, China is still my first choice though but Hong Kong is streets ahead of both of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom