Buckled Bike Lock in Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deworde

Hi,
Last week, some idiots tried to use my bike to lever its own lock apart. And now the lock's stuck. It's a hardened metal D-Lock, and I've tried a locksmith's bolt-cutters to almost no effect. After 5 minutes, I'd just about chipped the bar slightly.
Any advice?
Thanks

Can we trust you?;)

It may be a locksmith job - or even an angle grinder hire..... Whatever you do inform the Police - otherwise you may end up being pulled in for theft of your own bike!

OP
OP
D

deworde

dragon72 said:
can't advise on how to break locks, but whereabouts in Brighton did this happen? so I can avoid...

Western Road Area. It's partly my own fault, I shouldn't have left it out on the street on White Night. Some party across the road took a turn for the worse, they put my bike up on the railings it was locked to, then tried to lever the thing open.

Angle-grinder seems to be the common response from the people I've talked to. Anyone know where I can get the use of one that'll do the job without costing me the Earth? I've tried the Fire Brigade, to no avail.

OP
OP
D

deworde

gavintc said:
Not sure I do.

Look, if I wanted to supplement my income with bike theft, I'd just buy a damn angle grinder. This is a one-off situation and I'm looking to solve this problem as cheaply as possible.

Top Bottom