Bucks & Berks ride - Sunday 7th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebel Ian

Following on from the Wycombe/Bucks ride on 5th June we're planning another Sunday ride out on August 7th. We had to skip the July ride because various people had other commitments.

I think Lilolee has sort of volunteered to map us another route taking in parts of Windsor Great Park, Sunningdale, Windsor and Bracknell. The last ride we did was about 30-35 miles so nothing too strenuous (although there were a good few hills on the last one)! we all met up and set off at 9:30am.

It's not a race, it's just an excuse to get out on a Sunday morning and do a few miles. Who's up for that? I'll start the ball rolling....

Rebel Ian

Norm

I can probably be counted on to bring up the rear. :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
The Herts and Bucks ride is also now on the 7th.

I suppose there's no problem having two CC rides on the same day but it does mean that people (ie me) have to choose which ride to do.

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

I suppose there's no problem having two CC rides on the same day but it does mean that people (ie me) have to choose which ride to do.

Fair point but we sort of agreed a while back that we'd stick to the first Sunday each month. Come to the Bucks & Berks ride - if we skirt around or through Windsor Great Park it's a great route. Can't beat cycling through the royal county!

martint235

Dog on a bike

+1. I've already committed to the Herts ride though.
sad.gif

lilolee

Veteran
So how about we do this on the 14th?

Any way here is the proposed route http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/42767014

Starts at the Windsor - Eton bridge road, just a few yards from Windsor Riverside station. It is only 30 miles, but I have taken into account the fact that a few of us are riding to Windsor.

At the 8 mile mark we can have a minor detour to see the Totem Pole. Well worth it if you haven't already. It then becomes a 'Wow, look at that house, mansion, châteaux!'

We can also have a nice stop in Windlesham for a lemonade and packet of crisps any one of three pubs.

If you want it longer we can always do another circuit of the Park or even head down towards Chobham.

Let me know what to think.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So how about we do this on the 14th?

Any way here is the proposed route http://www.mapmyride...s/view/42767014

Starts at the Windsor - Eton bridge road, just a few yards from Windsor Riverside station. It is only 30 miles, but I have taken into account the fact that a few of us are riding to Windsor.

At the 8 mile mark we can have a minor detour to see the Totem Pole. Well worth it if you haven't already. It then becomes a 'Wow, look at that house, mansion, châteaux!'

We can also have a nice stop in Windlesham for a lemonade and packet of crisps any one of three pubs.

If you want it longer we can always do another circuit of the Park or even head down towards Chobham.

Let me know what to think.

Ok I'm now starting to feel really bad. The 14th is the day after the Friday night ride to Bognor. I'd say leave it as the 7th and people choose which ride they would rather do.

lilolee

Veteran
Nah, well over rated
biggrin.gif

Yeah we can do that . I'm sticking with the 7th as I fancy the Bognor ride myself.

800px-Panorama_from_Snow_Hill.jpg

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

7th it is. There's nothing to stop us repeating the route on the September ride for those that miss it this time around.

Mark W

That proposed route looks like part of one of my regular rides, so if there's no objections I'd be pleased to tag along.

I'll keep an eye out for more details nearer the time.

Cheers,

Mark

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
May I be a pedant and point out that a Bucks & Berks ride that spends longer in Surrey and Hampshire than it does in Bucks (no time at all) is something of a misnomer?

lilolee

Veteran
laugh.gif

I did organise a Berks & Bucks around High Wycombe, so it kind of stuck.

Since we had a couple of new members in and around Ascot I thought we'd do one around there. It is purely the blot on the face of the Earth awkward to get around Bracknell that stops me from heading north.

My next route is meet up at Twyford and then head Goring, Wallingford, Henley, back to Twyford, so I guess really I should call this whole thing "A West Berks, South Bucks, West Surrey, North Hants and East Oxon ride, but not always in all of those Counties at the same time" Ride
wacko.gif

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

May I be a pedant and point out that a Bucks & Berks ride that spends longer in Surrey and Hampshire than it does in Bucks (no time at all) is something of a misnomer?

Yes, but the Tour de France isn't exclusively in France! Like the TdF we were trying to bring our ride to a wider audience!

Top Bottom