Budget E-bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael45

Tried my friends E-bike and loved it. Thinking about buying it for morning commutes to work because I get extremely sweaty if my ride my normal bike and there are no showers at work. :sad: So the question is what would you recommend for a budget electronic bike?

Tried my friends E-bike and loved it. Thinking about buying it for morning commutes to work because I get extremely sweaty if my ride my normal bike and there are no showers at work. :sad: So the question is what would you recommend for a budget electronic bike?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/tilt-500-folding-electric-bike-black-id_8500547.html

Or

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/original-900-electric-hybrid-bike-36v-id_8399929.html

If you want a non folder.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A kit is a good thought, not least because a 'budget' ebike will be Chinese and might struggle to stand up to a commute.

Lots of electrical problems are caused by connection/construction rather than component failure.

Your bike converted could be more reliable than a factory ebike if you are able to do the conversion meticulously.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What budget???

I just bought a 2nd ebike from freeborn

Cube acid hybrid pro 400 2019 model for £1440.....

Its a spanking commuter machinr

Have converted four bikes with various Cyclotricity kits, simple to do, and no problems

gbb

Legendary Member
Have converted four bikes with various Cyclotricity kits, simple to do, and no problems
Thanks for the heads up re Cyclotricity, i just had a look, very interesting. We're looking for an ebike for my wife and i could just as well to convert her good condition hybrid, rather than buying a whole new bike. (apologies for jumping on someone elses post btw)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Woosh supply kits as well as complete bikes.

Not especially cheap, but they are known to be helpful.

You may come across an unforeseen niggle or two fitting any kit, so having someone at the end of the phone is worthwhile.

I believe woosh will also advise on suitability before purchase.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits

How far is your commute? ( Because the battery on a budget bike may not be that good, and also budget bikes don't tend to have variable assistance levels, so the assistance is either off or on full, which gets through battery quicker than a variable assistance setup might).

My ebike is only good for about 15 miles per battery charge, because it is a single assistance level one, and because I am a fat so and so.....

tommaguzzi

Über Member
I used a Yose Power kit from EBay.
£405 total Inc battery, top quality electrics, micro switched brake levers, pedal sensor, lcd screen, 36v 15a/h battery and charger plus a rear carrying rack. they even included some tools to fit it, which took me adout 3 hours.
the kit posted from Germany and in 2 years constant use has been faultless.

Last edited:

inuke

Regular
I can vouch for this bike, where I used to commute 6-8 months ago, I used to see this average weight fella riding one of this and that thing was not only fast but also consistent speed even going up small hills, I has to push myself a little more to pass him, not sure that was factory speed limit or if he somehow removed the speed limit, but I was suprised how such a "little" FOLDING bike with a little engine in the back wheel could go so fast with that guy on top of it.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom