Burning thighs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I ride quite a bit, so am pretty sure that I am used to this form of exercise. But this morning, at the top of Lewisham hill...my thighs were on fire!!!

I've never had my legs feel so tired when riding (and i still had another 10 or so miles to go). I thought I'd have to stop. Amazingly I recovered within about 2 mins and felt strangely stronger for it.

I'm not boasting (honestly you should have seen me wobbling about the place at the top) just interested if anyone else get a strange second wind, just when they think they are just totally spent?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Was the pain worth the boost in the end?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
see that's the thing, i dont actually remember "boosting" I was just riding up the hill as usual.

I'm getting old

FTFY
whistling.gif
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
What are your stretches like after a ride? Your commute isn't short from memory.

er...stretches?

Defy78

I ride quite a bit, so am pretty sure that I am used to this form of exercise. But this morning, at the top of Lewisham hill...my thighs were on fire!!!

I've never had my legs feel so tired when riding (and i still had another 10 or so miles to go). I thought I'd have to stop. Amazingly I recovered within about 2 mins and felt strangely stronger for it.

I'm not boasting (honestly you should have seen me wobbling about the place at the top) just interested if anyone else get a strange second wind, just when they think they are just totally spent?

I don't get a second wind as such but I have noiticed if I push a bit in the first half of the commute (i.e. grind in a bigger gear than usual) I feel stronger on the rest of the commute. If I just spin (in a smaller gear) and take it easy in the first half of the commute I tend to feel like the rest is more of an effort...

mgarl10024

Über Member
I don't get a second wind as such but I have noiticed if I push a bit in the first half of the commute (i.e. grind in a bigger gear than usual) I feel stronger on the rest of the commute. If I just spin (in a smaller gear) and take it easy in the first half of the commute I tend to feel like the rest is more of an effort...

I get the opposite.
If I go like mad in the first half, I'm slower in the second half.
If I take it easy when I start, there's more in the tank for later.

In fact, a gentler start actually increases the average speed for me overall.

Top Bottom