Bus free commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattybain

Couldn't work out why at 6.45 there were so many people waiting for buses. Then it twigged First Buses are on strike today, no buses ;) and a bus free commute home :smile:

There must have been about a 100 people who are going to struggle to get to work this morning.

I hate First Buses, the drivers are arrogant, never use their indicators and seem to forget how long their bendy buses actually are.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm fortunate they don't operate South of the city....

Obviously those folk don't listen to the local radio first thing. Any more bikes though ? Or cars ?

OP
OP
M

mattybain

N'ah you don't get many cyclists up North ;) I notice a massive increase in cyclists when I cross into Stockport from Manchester.

In fact recently I reckon there are double the number of cyclists on my route South of the city centre than normal. Probably the good weather this week.

I don't know what it is about the buses, I reckon it's the fact they are bendy and inherently more dangerous than a normal bus. Never normally have a problem with any of the Stagecoach double deckers I encounter on the A34.

To be fair to people it was early in the morning, probably too early for the message to filter through. If I had known I could of told them and they could have got a tram

Actually some of the people were waiting about 1/2 mile from the city centre, how lazy is that?

OvertheHill

Über Member
Now you come to mention it I noticed less annoying buses on Bury New Road but much more traffic than for a normal Friday. I didn't know there was a strike though

purplepolly

cheadle hulme said:
Absolute saints compared to Finglands drivers....

just wait till you meet the Trent Barton 199 - Buxton to Stockport to Manchester Airport - although I think maybe when they get to Stockport the drivers are just spooked by things like traffic lights and more than one traffic lane going in the same direction.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't complain about Stagecoach....far to scared of having their nice shiney busses scratched...no really, never a problem. Magic and the rest are all on different time 'pressures' so I avoid their main student run routes anyway (despite all being the same company.....)......

Top Bottom