Businesses I may never use again

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Domino's Pizza - after promising NHS workers pizzas of which there weren't many. Didn't use them anyway though.

Sports Direct - and anything within the Fraser's Group such as Evans Cycles is a yes. Evans are OK but putting money into Mike Ashley's pocket is a no no for me.

Active Sport (Velo Birmingham organiser) for keeping all the entry fees.

I'm interested as well in those who've tried to help. I'll be using them in the future :okay:

Last edited:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
You need to write or e-mail them and tell them. It doesn't take too many such communications to concentrate minds that their 'business as usual' attitude did not go down well with their customers - who, of course, are always right.

No more all day breakfasts from Wetherspoons before heading for the ferry for me in future.

I have far too many never ever again businesses to list but here is a starter for 10.

B&Q and indeed most other companies in the Kingfisher Group, the reason being I simply don't like them and the quality of so many of their products is dire!

Sports Direct for oh so many reasons.

McDonalds, Costa Coffee, KFC and so many other take away establishments........... not their fault for having utter morons as customers who throw their empty packaging quite literally anywhere. It is quite amazing when you go to a part of the country that hasn't got any of these type of outlet and how there is virtually no litter to be seen, take for instance Holy Island off Anglesey and the Highlands of Scotland.

Adrian Flux insurance, their telly sales people are about as thick as you get and I refuse to deal with any insurance company who doesn't quote their best price first when it comes to policy renewal.

vickster

Legendary Member
Is this thread not just to do with boycotting companies who’ve been coronavirus cockwombles?

I’m sure we’ve had company boycott threads aplenty in the past :scratch:
Otherwise it’s more cafe than News:scratch:

classic33

Legendary Member
Is this thread not just to do with boycotting companies who’ve been coronavirus cockwombles?

I’m sure we’ve had company boycott threads aplenty in the past :scratch:
Otherwise it’s more cafe than News:scratch:
Aye, last one started by MarinYork.

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
But then everyone's favourite love to hate company, Ineos, are building a factory at their own expense to make hand sanitiser and then they're going to distribute it for free to the NHS, dibble, and distribute the rest as required around the UK and europe, etc. Mind you, all the people who whittle about Ineos are happy to pub hydrocarbons in their cars fuel tank and buy items made from plastic.

winjim

Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
Can we make this thread also for companies who are doing good? Kurt Geiger has suspended the salary of its CEO, sent its workers home on full pay and asked them to help out by volunteering with Age UK. They're also offering NHS staff 50% off when they reopen. I might buy some new shoes.

Top Bottom