Buy cheap buy twice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

About a year ago I bought a cheapo pair of 700x35c tyres from Wilkinsons, threw them in the shed and forgot all about them. I tried to fit them last night. I could not get them to sit evenly on the rim at all. One part of the tyre was correct, some was very high and some parts very low. It was almost as if the wire rim of the tyre was totally out of round. I haven't bothered with them and refitted the old ones until I get another pair of decent tyres.

As I say, buy silly cheap, buy twice.

tyred

Legendary Member
I had this with a pair of Vittoria tyres that I tried to fit to my Aerospace. I passed them on to someone else and they fitted his bike perfectly so some sort of tyre/rim incompatibility I suspect. I went to the LBS and bought a set of Panaracers, also (700x 28c) and they fitted my rims perfectly.

WychwoodTrev

Storing tyres in the wrong conditions can wreck them if they get hot,cold,damp they can deform even the dearest. I had a motorcycle tyre in my shed for about a year before fitting it and when I used it it felt like I was riding with a oval wheel

OP
OP
C

chillyuk

Storing tyres in the wrong conditions can wreck them if they get hot,cold,damp they can deform even the dearest. I had a motorcycle tyre in my shed for about a year before fitting it and when I used it it felt like I was riding with a oval wheel

You may very well have a point. I hung them from a nail for best part of a year.

Top Bottom