Buying on e-bay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
For the past week i have bid on a number of Dads Army dvd's.The complete series a 14 dvd set.I have got to say it's quite fun.
Trying to get a set for my own xmas pressie.But no luck so far.Must admit trying to get it on the cheap.Max including postage willl be £18-£20 Because i can buy brand new from Amazon or Play.com or even Tesco .Between £22-25.So whichever way it goes i will have a set for xmas.A brilliant comedy series.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Buying stuff on ebay can be a tricky business. I reckon, just work out what you are prepared to pay for the product on sale and enter that as your maximum bid. If you don't win, try again, but don't be tempted to bid more than you think it's worth because you didn't win last time.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Also, register yourself with Goofbay, and "snipe" your Ebay item from there. You dont get into a bidding-war and push the price up, and i win far more often this way than bidding through Ebay direct^_^

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Well i failed with my grubby cheap bids.

The boxed set went for £26 + postage on top.

So later today i will buy my own brand new boxed set for-------- get this------£21-77p postage free from Amazon.

Why has the bidder paid more than either Play.com £24-99p,Tesco Direct £25 or Amazon £21-77p.

Beats me.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
It's quite fun.I have bid on things before,but not always won.A couple of cycling jerseys came and went..Best one was a superb black,red and blue cycling top..£39-99 direct from the store.I saw a special entry same company same shirt £9-99 i won it.Saved £30.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well i failed with my grubby cheap bids.

The boxed set went for £26 + postage on top.

So later today i will buy my own brand new boxed set for-------- get this------£21-77p postage free from Amazon.

Why has the bidder paid more than either Play.com £24-99p,Tesco Direct £25 or Amazon £21-77p.

Beats me.
Because they're twits. This happens a lot. I recently bought a 16gb card for my mobile from Amazon for £13 with free delivery, after the exact same thing, second hand, went for £14 + £3 p&p on ebay.

Top Bottom