C2C from Whiteheaven on a trike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc-triker

Veteran
first of all has anybody done it? do any of you know if its possible on a trice. i've looked at lots of sites like youtube ect and seen lots of upright bikes doing it but not yet found any reference to recumbent trikes doing it... i'm toying with a few ideas at the moment but the c2c could be a great start to 2009 me thinx lol

It has been done on a handtrike!

There are a few issues with some of the paths and this can be a problem, however I did it on a small wheel Moulton, so a Trice will be no problem if yo are prepared to be patient with some of the tracks and motorcycle barriers.

THere is aproblem with some of the areas like Consett where the local Yobs ride stolen motorcycles or the minimotos on these tracks, hencea need to restrict their access.

Thee can be a nuisance with a Trike where the barriers exist.

Although dated this document gives you some idea.

Here's a piccie from the Kings Lynn cycle group showing an example...

flyingtrike.jpg

I am being a little alarmist as there are not that many - but it is a problem to be aware of.

OP
OP
marc-triker

marc-triker

Veteran
i'm in training now and hoping i'll still be using the same machine. although saying that i have 2 get 1 of my own sooner or later so i'm training and saving incase a good deal comes up be4 my big ride. i'm currently doing approx 100miles a week but hoping 2 up that 2about 200 by Xmas.. its just finding the time lol

Top Bottom