Cable lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Not being lazy (i have searched), anybody know of a long, thin cable that can be woven through both wheels and around the fram ? Seen one on a bike once but didn't take much notice. Obviously won't be thief-proof but want it for touring when in shops to stop the opportunist thief.

cheers

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I use a Kryptonite cable similar to this Abus one, and a normal padlock which I sometimes also fasten round the chain & large chainring.

Most cables sold for bicycle use are thicker (10mm) and heavier. You could also look into other sources such as belay wires for caving use (eg item LO33 here, 3m x 4mm). These won't be plastic coated like bike cables usually are.

OP
OP
upsidedown

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
andrew_s said:
I use a Kryptonite cable similar to this Abus one, and a normal padlock which I sometimes also fasten round the chain & large chainring.

Most cables sold for bicycle use are thicker (10mm) and heavier. You could also look into other sources such as belay wires for caving use (eg item LO33 here, 3m x 4mm). These won't be plastic coated like bike cables usually are.

Cheers for that Andrew

The one that i saw was thinner and longer than that, but that'll probably do the job if i can't find one.

Top Bottom