calamities come in threes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

what is it that whenever life deals you a bunch of carp then something else comes along to kick you when you're down? :tongue:

Yesterday I lost a days work cos I got stuck in a jam and car over heated so i had to go home. Today my battery is flat because my fan must have come on in the night :sad:

No one around to help ,no AA cover grrr no jump leads (lent them to a friend and never returned)
At the end of the month I have to MOT the car and the tax runs out and some essential repairs will cost £550 +

My other car the head gasket blew last month !

Two weeks ago my boss told me my current years contract is ending next week !:wacko:

What is going on ??

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
sorry to hear all that peanut :tongue:

That's rotten luck. Cars are great while they behave themselves, aren't they. I live in dread of our old banger deciding to bite us. Only a matter of time!

Any irons in the fire on the replacement job front?

U

User482

On Monday, I snapped the chain on my commuting bike. So I walked back home to swap it for my road bike. I then fell off my road bike after trapping the front wheel in a gully along the docks here in Bristol. (The irony being that the commuter's wheel's would have been too wide to get trapped in the gully.)

I'm waiting for number 3...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Sorry to hear about all that Peanut... I'm assuming that you knew the job was coming to an end though (it being a Year Contract) and have already been seeking alternatives, so this shouldn't be too bad, should it?

Bugger about the car though.

asterix

Comrade Member
Used to hate days when I had to drive to work never mind when the car played up.

Anyway the useless heap of **** used to play up even before it got old. Then they did a recall because of a fault in the wiring loom and hey presto everything fine. Except we'd paid loadsa money to a garage trying to find the problem.. We'd have sold it except the warning light kept coming on for no obvious reason. Now it's 1 month too young to qualify for scrappage before the dealine:angry:

Thanks for the opportunity to let off steam.

asterix said:
Used to hate days when I had to drive to work never mind when the car played up.

Anyway the useless heap of **** used to play up even before it got old. Then they did a recall because of a fault in the wiring loom and hey presto everything fine. Except we'd paid loadsa money to a garage trying to find the problem.. We'd have sold it except the warning light kept coming on for no obvious reason. Now it's 1 month too young to qualify for scrappage before the dealine:angry:

Thanks for the opportunity to let off steam.

Ours is 3 months too young - I know how you feel.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Keep your chin up peanut, things can only get better (surely).

Bloody cars are a pain in the arse when they start to go wrong, often I have thought of an insurance job :biggrin:

OP
OP
P

peanut

hearing about all your woes has cheered me up no end :tongue:
what I mean is it puts things into perspective eh!?

Anyway 2 weeks to MOT and tonight is the first night the weather has improved and I feel better so its out on the hack i go Yippee.:smile::biggrin::biggrin:

thanks everyone

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If it's any help, my jalopy usually costs me squillions of quids (last year 600 plus) and no end of grief to get through it's MoT... this year, despite being a year older, it only failed on a "de-laminated number plate" :tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Well, there was water damage to number plate (hadn't notice till he pointed it out)... I thought it was harsh/picky, but in theory a couple of the letters weren't clear... to be honest, it usually costs me such a fortune to get it through, I was dancing for joy inside :ohmy:

Mr Pig

Our 'new' car is two years old and I have to say it's like a weight being lifted off my shoulders. We usually keep cars for about ten years, or until they're more trouble than they're worth, and the last car was really getting me down. I'd done so much work on it that I knew the thing inside out and was sick to death of lying under it every other weekend.

Not that this helps you at all ;0) But the point is that things change and they will get better.

Probably... ;0)

Top Bottom