Calling all cycling ladies!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Why? For what purpose? And who are you?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sorry, any poll that wants name, address, and email adress for the first question ain't going nowhere....

Arch

Married to Night Train
gavintc said:
Is the 2nd question, bank account, national insurance and mother's maiden name?

Dunno, never filled in the first question.

I suspect someone has never designed or possibly, filled in, a survey before...

OP
OP
C

Cathy

Thanks for the support. The questionnaire is not spam and nor does it ask for PIN number, social security or mothers maiden name.

It is the best free survey I could assemble unfortunately, unless you are prepared to cough up £20 a month the range of online surveys are limited at best. You are free to enter a nickname, first-name only or assumed name and your address as London/Birmingham/Manchester/wherever.

The aim of the survey is to collate some meaningful and practical data about women's cycling habits.

Thank you once again for your support. I will happily share the findings with anyone interested.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ok, well it might be best to make that clear in the survey. Not many people are going to put in name and address.

Free surveys are quite good enough, but it helps to make stuff clear. I'll have a look now under a psuedomym.

wafflycat

Cathy said:
Thanks for the support. The questionnaire is not spam and nor does it ask for PIN number, social security or mothers maiden name.

It is the best free survey I could assemble unfortunately, unless you are prepared to cough up £20 a month the range of online surveys are limited at best. You are free to enter a nickname, first-name only or assumed name and your address as London/Birmingham/Manchester/wherever.

The aim of the survey is to collate some meaningful and practical data about women's cycling habits.

Thank you once again for your support. I will happily share the findings with anyone interested.

Why? Who are you? What do you intend to do with the data? Why would anyone be interested in filling it in if you are prepared to share the information with anyone? Privacy of data is an issue.

OP
OP
C

Cathy

I'll see if I can edit it to make that clearer. I whacked it up just as I was about to leave work as I wasn't sure if the forum would even take links like this one - I didn't realise you eager bunch were so quick off the mark...

Three responses already - exciting!

Arch

Married to Night Train
wafflycat said:
Why? Who are you? What do you intend to do with the data? Why would anyone be interested in filling it in if you are prepared to share the information with anyone? Privacy of data is an issue.

Having done the survey, there's no privacy aspect really. But it would be nice to know if Cathy is coming from a marketing, or academic angle.

OP
OP
C

Cathy

wafflycat said:

I am a writer who is researching the viability of some resources for women who cycle. The information should be interesting to all which is why I am prepared to share it with people - there is not much point in collating information about cycling habits and keeping it to myself. I cannot see any sinister undertones or privacy issues in knowing how often 'Sarah from London' or indeed 'Wafflycat' cycles and whether she owns a WSD or a man's bike. However, if you feel your privacy will be compromised by the survey, by all means do not complete it.

Top Bottom