Calling all Manchester/Bury cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eatmydust

please please PURLEASE...
report all the pot holes on your routes. roads are getting steadily worse, and i think the more we report the quicker it may get done!
also you can report debris in your cycle lanes and roads. my route on Manchester ring road (trinity way to big roundabout at the intersection of the A57(M), B5218 and the A56) is particulary full of cr*p including, glass, plastic, bricks, stones, litter and road kill! i never once seen it swept!

you can report it via "fillthathole.org"
or direct to Manchester council...
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/2...1/contact_us_about_street_care_and_cleaning/6

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Never mind that. Are you coming to the velodrome on the 25th?

is the best way to do it via Manchester direct or fillthathole? Or both?

I've done both (for different problems), no responses from the fillthathole (after the 'your problem has been submitted' reply) but I did get an email and then a phonecall from the Manchester direct option. Not that the problems have been fixed yet.... (I'd reported missing mirrors (someone's yanked them off their fixings) from a subway, and the guy who phoned about it was completely flummoxed as to the need for mirrors...)

OP
OP
E

eatmydust

SavageHoutkop said:
is the best way to do it via Manchester direct or fillthathole? Or both?

I've done both (for different problems), no responses from the fillthathole (after the 'your problem has been submitted' reply) but I did get an email and then a phonecall from the Manchester direct option. Not that the problems have been fixed yet.... (I'd reported missing mirrors (someone's yanked them off their fixings) from a subway, and the guy who phoned about it was completely flummoxed as to the need for mirrors...)

ive done it to both.. still nothing been done about it. but i'll keep hounding them! its a joke!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
eatmydust said:
ive done it to both.. still nothing been done about it. but i'll keep hounding them! its a joke!
Your best bet is to have an accident, then claim from them... they can't claim that they didn't know about it!! :tongue:

OP
OP
E

eatmydust

Sh4rkyBloke said:

aahhh! i see.. but i thought you meant this....

http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/skyride/manchester

which goes in the velodrome too

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Oooh, that looks interesting... wasn't aware of that, so cheers for the info! Might try to pursuade the better half to come along for a go, and get the trailer with the kids in it too. :biggrin:

You on for the track event though?? Great fun last time!! :blush:

Top Bottom