Calling all Yorkies!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
A quick plug, if I may:

Any CCers who are in York this weekend or next might be interested in an event at St Nicholas Fields, where I work:

http://www.stnicksfields.org.uk/events.php#246

As part of the Open Studios event, St Nicks are hosting a couple of artists, Belinda and Kalindi, who have produced a lot of art based around scrap bike parts and wheels, as well as a huge bike sculpture make of sticks, with 5' woven willow wheels.

The event is on Friday and Saturday this weekend and next, and I'll be there on the Saturdays working on some of my recycled bikepart crafts - tyre belts and inner tube bags!

They were setting up there today, and there are some cool sculptures.

The forecast for the weekend is lovely, and the nature reserve is just starting to burst with life...

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'll be there! But you know that already. ;)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
When I saw the title of this thread I was expecting this:

300px-Yorkie-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Now i am hungry :hungry:

Attachments

• 300px-Yorkie-Wrapper-Small.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 13
    10.2 KB · Views: 10

Ecclefechan

"Calling All Yorkies! "

What I expected on this thread,
Japan-earthquake-tsunami-people-refuge.jpg

What the thread is like,

business_meeting2.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help my self for a little bit of trolling. :troll: I would have been there If I was closer though!

Attachments

• Japan-earthquake-tsunami-people-refuge.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Japan-earthquake-tsunami-people-refuge.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
When I saw the title of this thread I was expecting this:

Now i am hungry :hungry:

There used to be a billboard next to the railway line on the approach to Yokr Station, which said "Welcome to...." and then a picture of a Yorkie bar with the wrapper peeled back so that it just said YORK. That was before they messed about with the recipe and decided that excluding 50% of the population was a cool marketing campaign.

Ironically, the messing with the recipe removed all the manliness of the bar by making it more like Galaxy, just when they were trying to market it as macho.

Attachments

10.2 KB · Views: 8
    10.2 KB · Views: 8

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
There used to be a billboard next to the railway line on the approach to Yokr Station, which said "Welcome to...." and then a picture of a Yorkie bar with the wrapper peeled back so that it just said YORK. That was before they messed about with the recipe and decided that excluding 50% of the population was a cool marketing campaign.

Ironically, the messing with the recipe removed all the manliness of the bar by making it more like Galaxy, just when they were trying to market it as macho.

Is it you who breaks them all then? Whenever I buy a Yorkie, I feel it first to check it's not been broken. I suspect feminists.

What's your opinion on Cadbury's Caramel - sexist or not?

Do you think Galaxy is named after the celestial body, like Mars Bars and Milky Ways (although Mars is the name of the family that started the business I think)? Or is it named after galactose, the sugar that's found in milk?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
After extensive research, I've decided that I prefer the chocolatey goodness of Dairy Milk to Yorkies. Just saying. Though the thought of yorkies and gravy and roast potatoes is suddenly rather appealing..... :mrpig:

Hope all goes well this weekend, Arch.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cheers. I was down there today delivering some stuff, and it's looking good. Some really clever sculptures.

Top Bottom