Camera advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
It is a camera. You need a recording device. Your normal camcorder may be compatible, but might not stand up to the shocks and vibrations it will get on a bike. Look for a solid state recorder which will cost you around another £120

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Thanks for the tip cellophane. That pushes it out of my budget :smile: Really only loking for something very entry level and sub 100 quid if possible. :biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You could probably get an ATC2000 at a knockdown price. Far from perfect, but I love the self-contained nature and teh video quality is acceptable enough. Sound is v. poor though.

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Thanks for the advice guys. Audio quality isn't important as long as the video is reasonably clear. I'll take a look through the links and do some more research online.

Cheers

Sittingduck said:
Thanks for the advice guys. Audio quality isn't important as long as the video is reasonably clear. I'll take a look through the links and do some more research online.

Cheers

Just beware the ATC isn't great filming at night or under streetlit conditions.

If you were willing to stretch a little, you could buy an archos 405 and a travel adapter to connect the docam camera up to.

I've just bought an archos 405 refurbed off of ebay and got it for £34 including postage (you just have to use esnipe!:biggrin:). Add to that the DVR travel adapter from here(Scroll down to the one called Archos DVR Travel Adapter) for £34.99. All of this together would be your recorder (2gb as it comes which would probably be a few hours worth, but you can expand it).

Including the camera (and taking into account the 10% you can get off at dogamsports!) that would take you to Just under £160. This would give you much better footage than the ATC2000/3000. Of course you would need to get if fairly soon as that camera at dogcam is a end of line offer and they have just recently run out of SCOUT version by the looks of it.

I really should be on commision!!:smile:

Jake

i use the ATC3K, its ok, sound is non-usuable. depends how serious you are about it. check out magnatoms vids, great pic qulaity and sound. But depends on how much you want to spend. there is a new version of mine out now, but i dont think it is much better. yes it has a playback screen, but your not going to need that. looks bigger too. have a gander at my youtube to see the results. if you got the money, go for something better

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I think I might go for the ATC3K if I decide to get a cam. Was checking out a few of Jake's clips and I thought the quality was ok on the "watch in high quality" movie versions.

Thanks for the advice to all! :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom