Cameras + YouTube + Google - using the power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boydj

Legendary Member
I dissagree. As for motoring apologist, I just see what I percieve as fair and from both sides,not just from one. The simple fact that you say this phrase shows me you are heavily against anything motor , and probably dont see a simple mistake but instead see it as a dangerous thing done on purpose. And will defend the ones that do make mountains out of molehills for the sake of the cam.
Also your never heard so much nonsense opening ,indicates to me your general attitude. And coincidentally always seem to attack posts such as this. Without realising it, your probably one of the most dangerous things on the road, because of your attitude. Which puts all cyclists in the same light with other road users, the sooner you and your ilk realise this, the safer the roads will be for all.:thumbsup:
I think your record is scratched and your needle is stuck, Col.

classic33

Leg End Member
I like to keep my private life just that - private but you have decided to make a personal attack and I feel that I have to reply.
I grew up in a time when left-handedness was considered wrong and somewhat evil: the Latin word for left is sinister. Some parents would do anything in their power to convert their child to using the right hand. In my case it was constant beatings and at one point a broken arm - broken accidently on purpose.
The legacy of this abuse left me with two problems - deafness in the left ear and a bad stutter. If anyone remembers Patrick Campbell from Call My Bluff, he was a fluent speaker compared t5o me!
I don't recall any bullying in primary school but endured 5 years of hell in grammar school - not only by pupils but also teachers and on one occassion by the whole school in morming assembly. The bullying and skitting also continued at home which is possibly why I took up cycling one my own with no one to mock me but this also had its moments.
I remember the summer of 62, cycling back from Southport and my back wheeel came loose, no problem, get the spanner out, tighten the nuts and be on my way. Someone, either Dad or one of my brothers had borrowed the spanner and never put it back. What would you have done? Possibly knocked on someone's door and ask to borrow a spanner. I could not so ended up having to push ny bike about 20 miles home
Did you watch The King's Speech? I was almost in tears watching that as it brought back so many memories especially the scene where the older brother was skitting the younger one - so very similar to my childhood but with both parents doing it as well as 5 siblings.
Do you know how many hours it takes me to narrate those videos? You can possibly do it in one take, I cannot. So, please, go ahead and continue to mock, You can say nothing to hurt me and say nothing that I have not heard before.

Had a similar experience. Different problem, but the way in which others perceived it was the sticky point.
Some refused to come near me in case they caught it. I had teachers request that they be allowed not to teach me because of it. And even in the mid 1990's it still got me classed as "educationally subnormal".
It, being epilepsy.

I don't use what other people have done to me in the past because of it, allow me to use it to blame people today. But if you are willing to have a go at someone else's views on here then your own will also be open for having a go at.

Bassjunkieuk

Veteran
I started using a "cycling events" spreadsheet, hosted on Google Docs, to track my helmet cam clips :-) Having it in the cloud means I can access it easily regardless of which computer I'm on and it's always in sync. Also serves as a nice easy reference for clips without having to sift through YT's Video Manager.

Have put an example up here, feel free to share, use and modify as you please :-D

Top Bottom