Campagnolo Khamsin cassette fail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

curtis

Had a set of Campagnolo Khamsin wheels for about 2 months probably done around 1000 miles on them.
Riding home today the cassette completely failed had to push myself along for 8 miles..nightmare, I looked a right tit and my foot is on fire now:sad:
Anyone else had any experience with these cassettes giving up..
Cheers.

leyton condor

Veteran
I bought a pair of fulcrum racing7's and after about a similar distance the freewheel packed in. I believe that the fulcrum uses a campag hub.
I took the wheel back to the shop and they fixed it, apparently a broken spring. Symptoms were a completely silent freewheel and wheel not engaging immediately when starting to pedal.
A bit annoying as my old campag wheels lasted 9 years without any problems whatsoever, i only changed them as the rims were on the verge of exploding.

OP
OP
curtis

curtis

Im going to take the wheel back to the shop,
Have you had any problems since the repair?
Im not sure I can trust this hub now don't want to go through that again.

leyton condor

Veteran
I know the feeling, I only got the wheel back on Saturday, so it has only done about 40 miles, but seems to be working fine. Will keep you posted.
Did you have the same symptoms?

GrasB

Veteran
I can't really add much sorry besides to say I have a Zonda wheel set using a Shimano freehub, around 3000 mile on them so far & not a problem.

OP
OP
curtis

curtis

The only warning I had was it started to slip,.
This happened about a mile into my 12mile ride home then just gave up completely,
It was fine on the ride in no slipping nothing.
I spoke to the shop today and they told me the bloke from Campag said it was common on these hubs? which was nice to know! and campag will send them the part to repair the hub in around 10 days.. I told them Im bringing the wheels back Friday for an exchange or a refund.
See what happens it should be fun.;)

Top Bottom