CAMPAGNOLO MIRAGE 10SP 2007 ULTRA TORQUE CT CRANKSET

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Luke, Hi and welcome,
Yes you would, and that is a pretty good price too, but don't forget, you'll need outboard Bottom Bracket cups, as the axle on the Ultra Torque cranks is hollow and linked by a set of interlocking teeth, one side of the axle attached to the spider (drive side) and the other half of the axle joined to the crank arm (non drive side) these are held together by a 10mm allen bolt, which will need to be tightened to 42 Nms, they sell for about £14, if you shop around maybe even cheaper.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Campag Veloce 2008 (also Parkers - next up in quality from Mirage) Also Shimano R600, £70-80. All 10 speed. Should be Ok with 9 speed but clearance between chainrings may be tight for 9 speed chain, (but could be sorted by spacers between the rings?) I am sure someone on the site must have tried it?

Mortiroloboy

May be wrong, but I don't think there's an issue with running a 9 sped chain over a 10 speed crank chain ring, there would be if you were trying to run a 9speed chain over a 10 speed cassette though. The reason Parkers are selling the Mirage so cheaply is that it has been discontinued from their 2009 line up, which now starts with Veloce as the entry level, which is sort of equivilent of Sh*maNO 105, only a bit better IMO;), and the Veloce comes in silver or infinite (shiny black) whereas the Mirage only comes in matt black anodised finish.

Mortiroloboy

Yes I saw that too, what a bargain, Iv'e got a nearly new 53/39t one sitting in the shed, due to swapping my compact centaur off my best bike to put on my winter bike, so I could treat my new bike to a spangly Chorus carbon jobbie:biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
Nothing wrong with my Veloce CT UT on 9s.

Depending on your crank length, check out Hewitt Cycles - they have listed the Mirage UT 172.5 (both CT and STD) and the STD 170 for £40.

Joe

Über Member
User259iroloboy said:
Yes I saw that too, what a bargain, Iv'e got a nearly new 53/39t one sitting in the shed, due to swapping my compact centaur off my best bike to put on my winter bike, so I could treat my new bike to a spangly Chorus carbon jobbie:biggrin:

I'm massively tempted as I'm currently stuck with the 105 (*spits*:B)) that came on my bike. Thought Id give Shimano a go but hated it and have been gradually switching it out. I should save for what I really want (170mm and carbon) though!

Mortiroloboy

Will1985 said:
Nothing wrong with my Veloce CT UT on 9s.

Depending on your crank length, check out Hewitt Cycles - they have listed the Mirage UT 172.5 (both CT and STD) and the STD 170 for £40.

There are some serious deals to be had as the 'credit crunch' bites

Joe said:
I'm massively tempted as I'm currently stuck with the 105 (*spits*:B)) that came on my bike. Thought Id give Shimano a go but hated it and have been gradually switching it out. I should save for what I really want (170mm and carbon) though!

I'm lucky(ish) I suppose, my chorus carbon crankset was part funded by work related motor mileage (how ironic) and birthday cash from mrs M:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L

luke's fleche

i have a shimano sora (triple)

i dont know if its me but it feels realy heavy when i pick the back end of the bike up.

i dont know what i want or what is the best thing to do

what does everybody out there think ?

cheers

Mortiroloboy

Sora Triple, that's a whole lot of metal, no wonder it feels heavy mainly pressed steel. But unless you want to change your shifters you are stuck with a triple chainset, as the shifters need to match, what frame is the Sora attached to? is it upgradeable? If so then what about a complete groupset? by far the best/cheapest way to upgrade, rather than doing it piecemeal.

Top Bottom