Campagnolo, sram, shimano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
I know shimno is:

Sora, Tiagra, 105, Ultegra (then Ultegra SL?), Dura ace...

but how do the other two makes rank please?
Thanks

Joe

Über Member
Veloce, Centaur, Chorus, Record, Super Record (low to high) for 2009 Campag.

Will1985

Über Member
Hard to tell - back in the day Athena became Daytona which became Centaur so maybe we have come full circle. I would like to think that Campagnolo will hold onto 2 10spd gruppos for the moment but that's probably unrealistic.

I still think Campag have missed a trick by limiting the choice of crank lengths to three. 165 or 177.5 would be quite popular.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Athena has just dropped in for the 11 speed - I think it will slot in between Centaur and Chorus, or they won't offer 11 speed lower than this ?

It does offer a really nice looking alloy chain set though....

Will1985

Über Member
jpembroke said:
I still can't get over the death of 9 speed. I love 9 speed.
:sad:
I'm totally 9spd - got to get thinking whether to stockpile chains and cassettes or make the upgrade to 10spd (chain, cassette and ergo ratchets)...there's no way I'm going all Spinal Tap unless the drivetrain really is more durable than 10spd as claimed.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I believe Veloce & Centaur will stay and Athena will sit between the latter and Chorus.With anything less than Athena remaining at 10 speed.

Xenon/Mirage/Veloce mixed groupset here ;)

My recommendation is Sram, the Rival (at the bottom of the pile) is in my eyes equal to Ultegra and SL, but cheaper. Force (middle of the pack) definately Dura Ace quality and usability. Red (top) now over priced and spec'd, super light and the bee's knees.

Saying all this I would say the Force is the best value kit, and if you can wait till the new force is released either later this year or early next you'll have a better kit than the current Red as its going to have all the red benefits and super light weight but without the red price tag. Saying that wait till 2011 and see what the next gen Red will be like :becool:

Top Bottom