Can I hang my bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beaker39

Like some kind of bike execution? :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
If it remains suspended for short durations I wouldnt think so. I wouldnt however leave it like that for weeks/months.

02GF74

Über Member
hmmmm ... be interesting what the word is. I am pretty sure from experience it is not a good idea to have hydraulic disc brakes hung upside - in fact I think I have had prob just by having them lie on their side in the back of a volvo. (the make of car is not significant as it would happen in other makes of estate car).

Bman

Guru
I cant imagine it would have too much effect. Depends on how much air is in the line.

As soon as its level again, a few squeezes of the brakes should move the air back to the top anyway.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
gaz said:
I would suggest giving the brakes a good tug just to make sure.

Haha yeah before I start off as I live up a hill so as soon as I am off my drive I'm off downhill

Mr Pig

If you put the bike upside down or hang it up on its end there's a pretty good chance you'll get air in the lines and soft brakes. Fixable of course but every time you use the bike?

bonj2

if you've got hope brakes check out this vid http://www.hopegb.com/page_mep_force_35.html

that shows you how to roll the diaphragm in to ensure you don't get an air gap at the top of the reservoir.

Otherwise, or if you haven't got hope brakes, you MAY have an air gap but then again you might not. Just check the brakes by pumping them a fair few times when you turn it back the right way again.

Top Bottom