Can someone help me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m562/monkeysnutscom/Videos/?action=view¤t=RF05EES-Veryagressiveconfrontation.mp4

Can someone please view the video and tell me what the full name of the company on the van is. It is 'The ....... .............. Company'. I need this information to be able to report the incident to the police. I will be contacting the company as well.
I would greatly appreciate some clarification.

The video is a bit fuzzy, but I would suggest that you view it full screen to be able to read the writing on the van.

ChrisJ

Perchance it's "The Weekend Preservation Company", providers of gardening services, based in Prestatyn.

Chris J

snorri

Legendary Member
Why contact the company if you are going to report the incident to the police? You could just be getting a reply from the angry driver.
The text on video says you can hear the engine being revved, I'm not saying it wasn't, but it is not audible on the video.

apollo179

Hi Mathew - if i understand correctly the driver got upset that you were cycling in the middle of the road thereby holding him up. He perceived you riding in the middle of the road as totally out of order and that you were doing it deliberately to wind him up. Obviously it goes without saying that the driver is wrong but what do you do ? Woudnt it be better just to ride in secondary ? Or have i misunderstood something. You handled the confrontataion well btw , didnt escalate the situation.

yello

Let it go Matthew.

Personally, I can't see the police even talking to the chap on the basis of that clip and I think you're only going to get yourself more wound up by trying to pursue it. The guy's a gobby (little?) tw*t (maybe he was having a bad day, who knows?)... the point is that you did nothing wrong. He just got p*ssed off because he was held up... but not that held up to not have the time to wait for you and give you abuse!

Forget it. The guy's a idiot and, sadly, we all have to deal with idiot's from time to time. And, I have to say, you dealt with that idiot perfectly in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Hi Mathew - if i understand correctly the driver got upset that you were cycling in the middle of the road thereby holding him up. He perceived you riding in the middle of the road as totally out of order and that you were doing it deliberately to wind him up. Obviously it goes without saying that the driver is wrong but what do you do ? Woudnt it be better just to ride in secondary ? Or have i misunderstood something. You handled the confrontataion well btw , didnt escalate the situation.

i don't understand why you say this, the bloke is obviously deranged to 'stalk' a cyclist, then park up, run across the road in a threatening manner.

the driver has broken common law, i.e., he made the cyclist feel intimidated or in in fear of being physically assaulted.

i don't think that the op did anything wrong, even if he did, so what? he's not the police or is vigilanteism ok in your book?

apollo179

i don't understand why you say this, the bloke is obviously deranged to 'stalk' a cyclist, then park up, run across the road in a threatening manner.

the driver has broken common law, i.e., he made the cyclist feel intimidated or in in fear of being physically assaulted.

i don't think that the op did anything wrong, even if he did, so what? he's not the police or is vigilanteism ok in your book?

If your choice is : a - continue cycling in primary and further aggravate the angry van driver or B - move over to secondary and let the angry van driver pass. Personally i would choose option B. This is not condoning vigilanteism , it is just doing the sensible thing. You might like to try it some day your not in your van.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well quite.

Great turn of speed in the middle of the vid, though!

And where's the church? Great tower!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
If your choice is : a - continue cycling in primary and further aggravate the angry van driver or B - move over to secondary and let the angry van driver pass. Personally i would choose option B. This is not condoning vigilanteism , it is just doing the sensible thing. You might like to try it some day your not in your van.

eh? i don't have a van.

BSRU

A Human Being
Hopefully the officer who deals with it has some cycling knowledge and it does not end up with you being prosecuted "for getting in the drivers way", who obviously was not in a rush as they had time to turn around and stop for a chat.

apollo179

Hopefully the officer who deals with it has some cycling knowledge and it does not end up with you being prosecuted "for getting in the drivers way", who obviously was not in a rush as they had time to turn around and stop for a chat.

Aside from the obvious handbags where is the stuff that warrants the intervention of the police ?
Are we saying that the van driver should get prosecuted for dangerous driving or threatening behaviour ?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Personally I would send a letter to the company rather than the police.

BSRU

A Human Being
Aside from the obvious handbags where is the stuff that warrants the intervention of the police ?
Are we saying that the van driver should get prosecuted for dangerous driving or threatening behaviour ?

The OP has stated they are reporting it to the police, their decision, I was merely commenting on the fact that some people may view the incident differently, especially when they have no cycling knowledge/experience.

Top Bottom