[SOLD] Cannondale CAAD 9 Road Bike 54cm Aluminium Frame with Carbon Forks A1 Condition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AWM6

Über Member
Reluctant sale but need to free up space... still not 100% sure I want to sell this was my first ever road bike and rides as well as the day I bought it.

Available on eBay until Saturday night... collection from Rickmansworth (WD3)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannonda...e-with-Carbon-Forks-A1-Condition/283792553110 506013

Cannondale CAAD 9 Road Bike 54cm Aluminium Frame with Carbon Forks A1 Condition. Condition is Used. Collection in person only.

One owner since new, carefully maintained and well looked after. Spent most of its life in dry storage and rides beautifully.
These are very rare and come with a high pedigree. The CAAD9 was the last model to be Handmade in the USA before Cannondale moved production to the far east.

The aluminium frame is arguably one of the best ever made and its lightness is often compared to carbon.

Carbon forks and Cannondale's patented wishbone seat stays ensure a comfortable ride.

The wheels have been upgraded to Mavic Open Pro Rims on Hope Hubs. Everything else is factory standard and in perfect working order.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Bloody lovely bike that, great frame too small for me, I would’ve had punt otherwise.

Last edited:

davidphilips

Veteran
Have that on my watch list but live to far away, pity as love the caad 9s and would have been biding if postage was an option, what i really like about your 9 is the threaded bottom bracket cannondale started using press fit on some of the 8s @ 9s and on all the 10s,12s, @13s.

OP
OP
AWM6

AWM6

Über Member
Have that on my watch list but live to far away, pity as love the caad 9s and would have been biding if postage was an option, what i really like about your 9 is the threaded bottom bracket Cannondale started using press fit on some of the 8s @ 9s and on all the 10s,12s, @13s.

Hello David,

Thanks for the post.

I am not sure where to start re: postage but if the buyer organised, I could probably accommodate - just need to know what will be involved re: packing etc.

In terms of the bottom bracket, I didn't realise that Cannondale switched to press fit in later models. When I bought the CAAD 9, they were excited about the BB30 and from what I read, you definitely want the threaded version!

New photo added for my fellow bb enthusiasts!

davidphilips

Veteran
Looks really great, The Bb30 sticker is for a press fit bottom bracket but yours is threaded (much better in my view), Cannondale must have put stickers on to them all? The Cadd 9 is a lot rarer than an 8 and know if i had it i would keep it (they may become quite collectable).
Postage (when using Ebay) in my opinion will net you a lot more money as you open the sale up to a much larger market, sure theres better ways but what i have done is ask in halfords (or any lbs) for a bike box always given out free but dont take this as a given, then go to a £1 shop buy some bubble rap and strong tape, cost of postage is usually about £35 but depends on courier and weight of box?
Down side of offering postage on Ebay if you get a buyer who states theres something wrong with the bike or not as advertised you end up either offering a big discount or having to pay them to return the bike and give a full refund.
Perhaps best way of selling a bike is to advertise it on gumtree or facebook and take cash but if you have room that is a great bike know i have a few Titanium bikes etc but when i cycle on a caad9 i often think they feel and go as well as any bike i have or have cycled on.

davidphilips

Veteran
Really hope a few more bid on this caad 9 seems a shame its going so cheap only 5 minutes togo and only at£160? The frame is worth that on its own?

vickster

Legendary Member
Really hope a few more bid on this caad 9 seems a shame its going so cheap only 5 minutes togo and only at£160? The frame is worth that on its own?
Went to £267

Top Bottom