Can't say as I really care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

This is in response to the threads that I have read but didn't have an opinion or point of view on, or simply didn't care enough about. I didn't really want to disrupt them by saying "don't know" or "don't care" (or words to that effect) but I would somehow like to acknowledge those threads, note that I have at least taken the time to read them. This post is for those threads.

But it could also serve a purpose for you too. If there's an active thread that moves you to nothing then you could put a note here; a graveyard for lost ennui.

You could put "this one" but that would be missing the nuance.

Too many of them recently, they'd need a mass grave. Must be me being in a funny mood.

I've found very little to post on recently (after having been off-line quite a lot since the end of October, and need to top my posts count up).

The quality of my posts be may be of dubious value or of little contribution, but at least I think they're OK! :smile: I'll stop when I know they're shoot! :wacko:

OP
OP
Y

yello

yello said:

magnatom said:
I really don't care about this thread. I suppose I'd better post in this thread then....

:wacko: I was expecting it from someone... but, must admit, not this learned colleague :smile:

OP
OP
Y

yello

Btw, I'm not dissing other threads nor wanting to start some kind of 'name and shame'. Merely suggesting there have been some that have not roused me. Hardly controversial I would have thought. :smile:

More pointing out that we all spend valuable time reading and not contributing. I didn't want to appear ghost like, invisibly drifting through peoples well crafted words.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Errrr.... maybe.

But I think that's over egging it somewhat! :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
yello said:
This is in response to the threads that I have read but didn't have an opinion or point of view on, or simply didn't care enough about. I didn't really want to disrupt them by saying "don't know" or "don't care" (or words to that effect) but I would somehow like to acknowledge those threads, note that I have at least taken the time to read them. This post is for those threads.

But it could also serve a purpose for you too. If there's an active thread that moves you to nothing then you could put a note here; a graveyard for lost ennui.

Maybe you're reacting with the same occasional melancholy with posts that i do yello...i find once in a while, i've read it and replied a thousand times (so's to speak)...and quite frankly, get bored with it once in a while.

There's also nothing wrong with 'nothing to add, or say'. One of my sayings at work is 'i dont really have an opinion'...because the subjects not really that important to me. I think (perhaps naively) that it demonstrates a relaxed attitude to things, which in my book..is a good thing.

OP
OP
Y

yello

gbb said:
and quite frankly, get bored with it once in a while.

That's definitely a part of it. There is an element of melancholy. I look out of the window and it's cold, wet and windy - been like it for the last few days. I'm bored before I even begin, to paraphrase one Stephen Patrick Morrissey.

OP
OP
Y

yello

papercorn2000 said:
As OP of many a Titanic-like thread, I'll say nothing!

I bet you're not the forum's table topper in that respect though I suspect there are many that feel like they are. I'm sure there's some whizzo database query that can be run to find out should anyone be really interested.

I'm often amazed at the threads that have legs, as it were.

The ones that can be answered without having to read the contributions of others are obviously traffic generators; something like 'what is the name of your sister?' type of thing - type answer, click 'submit', done. The 'tea' type threads bimble their own way into treble page figures courtesy of a gentle and non-taxing manner.

But outside of that (and the family favourite spats, of course) threads survive or die on a seemingly arbitrary (no, no, not he of this parish!) basis. Maybe it has something to do with Uncle Mort's 'dark matter' theory, the forum's binding property. I don't know what it is (it ain't really cycling, because those threads can die quicker than any other!) but I can't say, in all honesty, that I care either! :smile::sad:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Uncle Mort said:
So this thread is the equivalent of dark matter. The mysterious thingy that holds the chatterverse together, yet is invisible and implausible to all but a few nerds. And Politics And Life is the equivalent of the Large Hardon Collider. :smile:
Typo or witticism? It's a good 'un!

Top Bottom