Can't wait for Spring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
I can't wait for Spring. It seems to have been a long winter this year and I'm looking forward to some warmer weather and lighter nights.

Come on Spring :laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Most of my cycling is commuting and whilst Spring and Summer are great, I kinda like Winter too.

My commute is evenly split between urban and rural environments. During the 5/6 mile rural section it can be blissfully quiet. Very few cars, no people in sight, just me and the gentle whir of the pedals turning.

Complete chillax time.

I did like the dark weather in october, but the novelty soon wore off, and the last 2 weeks since xmas have been okay but would not say I have really enjoyed them, but I keep looking at the sun rise times and counting down the days to day light, its been a long winter, I just don't remember last year being this tough.

Melvil

I too can't wait for spring! It's been a cruel winter - what with the weather and also as a direct consequence some burst mains pipes making people close us lives a real misery...roll in the warmth!

Definitely getting lighter
cool.gif
but still a little too early to ride without long bibs !

Evenings are getting lighter, but it's the dark mornings I hate most about this time of year.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm looking at my front lawn regular and often now, as soon as I see the first sign of the snowdrops emerging I know spring wont be to far away, like others it seems to have been a long winter and spring seems ages away.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's too early to think of spring yet. February always seems to promise longer days and make you dream of spring but, just as you start to let your guard down, February does what February does best - which is to make winter seem as though it will never end. February's not the kind of sadist who just kicks you when you're down, no, February lets you get half on your feet before knocking you flat again.

the snail

Guru
yeah, don't count your chickens, winter normally starts about now. Can't wait for longer days though, makes it much easier to get rides in during the week.

potsy

Rambler
I thought it already was Spring, judging by the amount of people getting their legs back out down South
rolleyes.gif

Still cold at 4.45am up here.

Top Bottom