Car boot sales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Lots of house junk to get rid of. Gawd I hate putting lables and prices on things... :whistle:

Still, if I sell off those old wheels and bike bits I dont need I reckon it'll pay for a tyre on the new bike. :tongue: Got a load of photography books to put in too, a camera, dunno what else.

Anyone else having a car boot sale this weekend?

taxing

I sometimes go to them, I couldn't be arsed to have a stall though. There's this great new invention for dealing with your junk you know, it's called eBay. :biggrin:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
They used to be good before eBay and Flog It on TV.

One group of buyers round here had the full works - miners hats with lamps on to see the stuff before it got properly light and a dwarf to crawl into vans and cars before they were unloaded.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I sometimes go to them, I couldn't be arsed to have a stall though. There's this great new invention for dealing with your junk you know, it's called eBay. :biggrin:

Ebay. Pah! Delivery costs, admin costs, paypay costs, PITA costs... go to a carboot sale, pay a fiver and just flog it. More serious stuff should go on ebay imo, but the little things and normal household guff can go down there or the charity shop. ;)

Ebay. Pah! Delivery costs, admin costs, paypay costs, PITA costs... go to a carboot sale, pay a fiver and just flog it. More serious stuff should go on ebay imo, but the little things and normal household guff can go down there or the charity shop. ;)

+1 on Ebay complexities and costs. I've given up selling unwanted stuff there as they insist I offer PayPal and that's one account too far for me.

Car boot sales have changed markedly over the years. When our kids were small, they were a great way of having a clearout once a year and putting the money (always more than we thought we were going to make) into something for the family. Nowadays, when Mrs B and I can be bothered to go for a look (rather than to sell) they seem to be full of junk! Partly I think it's down to dealers who get there early and buy up anything worth having, and partly people are more savvy and would rather sell it on auction sites than see it go for a fraction of what it's worth at a car boot.

Top Bottom