carbon bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
oo er that looks fast!

OP
OP
P

plazi bill

I put a speedo on it and could only get 20 mph!
think speedo not set up proberly I'll try again and let you know

Chonker

Veteran
Nice work, the seat although very low doesn't look too reclined to me. Is this your preference for seating postion? I find the more of my weight is on my back (rather than my bum) the more confortable.

Well, I think that it looks absolutely fantastic! Not only that, but it seems as though you have done a superb job on the construction too. It has nothing of the 'home built' look about it at all.

Do tell us where you got the plans and then go on to tell us how you built it etc., because we'd love to hear about it.

I've never ridden a bent before but I wouldn't mind ridging that one plazi it looks good, nice work and welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
P

plazi bill

hi the seating position was as per plans so i didnt alter it, it feels very comfortable when riding the hardest thing to get used to is the steering and balance.

plazi bill said:
hi the seating position was as per plans so i didnt alter it, it feels very comfortable when riding the hardest thing to get used to is the steering and balance.

Have you ridden any other recumbents :biggrin:
before this one ?

OP
OP
P

plazi bill

Hi mr Magoo
The first recumbent I rode was my friends I had no trouble balancing at all ( my late farther suggested I should have joined a circus).
The challenge with the bike is, the longer wheel base which slows response to steering inputs ,plus the head piece leans rearward at a greater angle than is typical of a conventional bicycle,the 64 degree headpiece (24 degrees off perpendicular) improves packaging by positioning the head as low as possible over the front wheel ,but I think a sacrifice is therefore made with balance and control
I’m improving all the time I hope

OP
OP
P

plazi bill

thanks very much for your kind words........three main tips for building a carbon frame alignment! alignment! alignment. you can't alter the frame after.(granny sucking eggs springs to mind).

Top Bottom