Carbon frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tubbyfish

Regular
Hi all new to site and returning to road cycling after 20 years,looking for good
road bike, would like to know if carbon frames lose there ridgidness due to
flexing on the frame over time.
cheers tubbyfish

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
No.

Welcome to the forum.

and don't forget the heat........:whistle:

Welcome by the way, take no notice of me and Hacienda71, you'll find out why we've answered this way the more you browse the forum.
Ride what ever makes you happy, carbon, alu, steel, bamboo, whatever floats your boat :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tubbyfish

tubbyfish

Regular
Cheers lads thanks for the welcome,so carbon frames are ok provoiding you don,t use in direct sun light and rain
Hacienda71 what about electrical thunder storm, herd carbon was a good conducter of electric....:banghead:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Cheers lads thanks for the welcome,so carbon frames are ok provoiding you don,t use in direct sun light and rain
Hacienda71 what about electrical thunder storm, herd carbon was a good conducter of electric....:banghead:

Just be careful if you are offered copper bars for your bike.:eek:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Carbon does have a chemical reaction with beards, however. The mere sight of a carbon fibre frame sends the beard wearer into an uncontrolable frenzy where they start foaming at the mouth and screaming random words like"531", "Hetchins", "Ephgrave", and other strange phrases before beatin themselves senseless with a Brooks saddle.

Out of kindness it is best to keep such a bike away from audax events.

OP
OP
tubbyfish

tubbyfish

Regular
no chance with all the tatters about!:cheers:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
If you put mudguards, racks, Brooks saddles and even some lighting systems on carbaon bikes I believe this can cause fatalities. E.g being you will crash your bike at some point ?

Carbon bikes will just look stupid with any of the above and will try suicide with yourself mounted on the bike

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If you put mudguards, racks, Brooks saddles and even some lighting systems on carbaon bikes I believe this can cause fatalities. E.g being you will crash your bike at some point ?

Carbon bikes will just look stupid with any of the above and will try suicide with yourself mounted on the bike

confession time... I did actually tried to put mudgaurds on my Roubaix.. I didn't know what I was doing, it was my first carbon bike...fortunately I saw the error of my ways the moment they were on....

Top Bottom